VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 40 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
FV-QR

You could do two 3 gallons, on on the back side of the sparetire well and one on the front side of the spare tire well, then hang your compressor upside down between the two tanks. and put the valves on the floor in the spare tire well.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »

yeah, all mk5s have that too, its stupid. idk why VW didnt leave it open like in hte PAssats, or mk4s. Looks good though. When are you doing the rest of the install, bags/struts?

I goota call Eddie today and see what's up with my setup cuz it was suppose to be sent last friday. I ordered all fittings and line so they will be here this week and I will run linesover this weekend.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: FV-QR (Plain)

Quote, originally posted by Plain »
You could do two 3 gallons, on on the back side of the sparetire well and one on the front side of the spare tire well, then hang your compressor upside down between the two tanks. and put the valves on the floor in the spare tire well.

thanks for ideas. I saw yor setup and I really like it. I am not sure that 3 gallon tanks will fit arround the bend of the spare tire. I will look into it for sure tho

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Re: FV-QR (Plain)

Quote, originally posted by Plain »
Na they wont fit in but they will definitely sit lower in there. I can get you tank measurements if you want them.

I went and looked into those tanks online and measurements still wont make it flush like you said. see in my avant edge of the hatch is only like 1" higher then the actual floor, so I think no matter what I will have to make floor thats gonna stick out. I had another idea tho but I am not sure if its safe or not, maybe someone can spill some knowlage into this as well. what if I take my tank, and cut it flat from the top and weld the plate. but I am afraid that with compression around 140PSI It might blow or something. anyone done this before?

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Grig85)

not too much of a good idea, unless you have a way to have it pressure tested, and w/ the work it needs to be perfect you might as well do the same thing Paul did and do the dual 3 gallon tanks, or even 2.5 gallon tanks. Also it wont be a a 5gallon anymore, it may be a 4.XXXXXXX gallon.. idk...
i wouldnt do that.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Re: Grocery Getter (Grig85)

this weekend I did all the plumbing work and now tank is mounted.
Shipping takes longer then I was thinking so bags are not here yet :cry: but should be all done soon. tomorrow I gotta get wiring sorted and I can start testing the management.

slowly but surely getting there

·
Registered
4,571 Posts

looking good, i cant wait to see it done, too bad you couldn't fit all of it deep into the well to have it be super stealth, and its going to look sick on the Bentley's http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
Re: FV-QR (MFZERO)

What management are you using???
Cause if tis easy street you dont need that pressure switch.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I am using EAI brain box. I will post up pictures as soon as I have them. I found a way to keep things clean with 2 manual dual gauges and switch box hidden in the armrest. just have to cut the harness and run it through the telephone jack port thats in the armrest.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Re: (Grig85)

Quote, originally posted by Grig85 »
I am using EAI brain box. I will post up pictures as soon as I have them. I found a way to keep things clean with 2 manual dual gauges and switch box hidden in the armrest. just have to cut the harness and run it through the telephone jack port thats in the armrest.

nice...cant wait to see the outcome on it!

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·

OK so today I got some more things done.
1. I found the way to run switch box harness into the armrest and still keep it looking clean.

when its all together you wont even see it there.
2. I ran lines for my 2 gauges into the lower tray in the center console.

thats what its like now, extras will be cut off when I mount up the valve blocks.

and I also got me a little something-something to make draining nice and painless

21 - 40 of 669 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.