VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
41 - 60 of 669 Posts

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Re: (Santi)

Quote, originally posted by Santi »
what size air line did you run into the gauges, 1/4"?? you could've done 1/8!!
no lines for gauges are 1/8" thats what those gauges come fitted for on the back.
I made a gauge pod today and I think it turned out very well. wrap it in leather and gauges are done

Super news, rear setup is here!!!! and they look absolutly amaizing. pics when I am home

·
Registered
607 Posts
Re: Grocery Getter (Grig85)

Quote, originally posted by Grig85 »
OK so today I got some more things done.
1. I found the way to run switch box harness into the armrest and still keep it looking clean.

Exactly like I did on my wagon

only difference is that I mounted the box on the factory phone holder.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Re: Grocery Getter (The_Sauce)

Moving on to next things, yesterday I had no time to do anything but today at work I was able to get something done. Stopped by at the leather store and picked up a left over piece of leather for $5 that is very close to what I have in my car. That and a quick stop at the Rona to get some small things, and here is the final product
I love how it tured out.

and
rumline:
long awaited bagyard goodies
so far only the rear showed up but I hope to see fronts at my door soon too

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Re: FV-QR (Grig85)

wired up the lights and connected lines to gauges, ofcource one of lights didnt work (canadian tire
) so just one for now

tomorrow I will power up the comressor and test the tank for leaks. Rear bags will be in on weekend, fronts
as soon as they get here

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Re: (diive4sho)

Quote, originally posted by diive4sho »
I have the exact same airlift gauges waiting to go into the AR, and I was gonna put my switch box in the arm rest, and build a false floor...
....Great minds think alike???

Man, finally ran all wires from battery and ignition today. I got to say installing those gauges with 1/4" lines was a bitch, no questions there. so if you do same thing with your allroad I would strongly recomend to heat up 1/4 fittings on those gauges and take them off, install 1/8 fittings instead it will make your life much easier. I want to fill up the tank tonight so I am of to garage with my soldering iron

and pics of final product:
light off

light on

41 - 60 of 669 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.