VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put a group buy together for Peloquin diffs for vw 3 speed autos. The basics are, we need a minimum order of 15 to get pricing similar to 020 5 speed diffs, roughtly 850US.
Please see post #636 of this thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4516976-The-010-Lost-Knowledge-Thread/page19

Read the whole thread if you are as of yet unaware of the awesome power of the VW 3 speed auto.:thumbup:

There are loads of performance parts available, including manual valve bodies, and they'll hold up to huge (big turbo 1.8T, chevy bigblock) power, as demonstrated by their use in sand dune cars. There's a 9 second turbo 16v rabbit in Brazil running a vw 3 speed, too! :p

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My friend,
The vw 010 3 speed auto trans is an amazing little machine. You should read through the post linked above and educate yourself on it. Not everyone drives new cars around here. (I sure as hell wouldn't want to :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
This is for sure the first I've heard that the early auto is anything good :confused:

Regardless, I am curious to see if there are 15 high performance mk1 automatics out there for the group buy to work.

Kudos for something different :beer:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 3 speeds are awesome for performance when modded correctly.

Just like anything, most people don't look after them. When was the last time you heard of someone giving their 3 speed an oil and filter change?

15 is pretty well impossible, but no harm in trying.:facepalm:

Mk2 autos count too, by the way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.