VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

After some discussion in a recent thread (https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?9362537-PSA-Thrust-Bearing-Failures-are-real-and-expensive), there seems to be some interest in getting a group buy going for a push clutch to start bypass switch found here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/153732918978?ViewItem=&item=153732918978.

More details about the product and why in the links above, but here are the details of this group buy. The seller is located in England, making shipping individually across the pond expensive. Normal per unit pricing, with shipping, is listed around $48, but can vary based on where you live. If we get at least 5 total people interested (I am already in), I am willing to put money upfront to get them shipped to me, and then send them on to everyone else for $36 shipped anywhere in the US. I would prefer payment through Venmo as there are no transaction fees, but I will accept PayPal for $38 to account for their fees. I am open to other forms of payment too, depending on how it all works. To get everyone their switch by mid/end of December, I would like to get enough interest to order by Dec 8th.

*** Edited things to note as well. I am only going to do this for US-based people. I just don't want to deal with shipping across country borders so if you are in Canada, the seller can work with you to get things figured out for a Canadian group buy. Second, and this is just game planning ahead, but my inclination is that all sales are going to be final with this (i.e. once you pay me and I ship it to you, its on you to re-sell or do something with it). I am willing to be reasonable and work with you if something happens, but otherwise it is on you after it is sent. If the product breaks in-transit, that is a different matter and I am willing to work to make that right though.

Please reply to this thread and let me know.

So far I have interest from:
- myself: Mk6 Golf R
- FAZED: Mk6 Golf R
- morbs_gt: Mk6 Golf R
- thegave: Mk6 Golf R
- craigalangibson: Mk6 Golf R
- Streetscapetv: Mk6 Golf R
- Wagon mafya: Mk6 Golf R
- Flyin-low: Mk6 Golf R
- PDXImportRacer: Mk6 Golf R
- GTIVRon: Mk6 Golf R
- Cooper993: Mk6 Golf R
- blackntanC
- MRRiley: Mk6 Golf R
- psych0f0x: Mk6 Golf R
- friezop: Mk6 Golf R
- DViggen
- Bann
- TR3V0RJ0HNS0N
- lnumbp

While you can do this mod yourself, this switch in the group buy has several benefits:

- complete kit with instructions for installation that doesn't leave wires or harnesses hanging.
- ensures your cruise control and other functions linked to this switch continue to work
- allows you to easily uninstall the switch if you decide you no longer want it, or want to sell the car and the buyer doesn't want it
- it's pretty cheap, especially with the discount in this deal

According to the seller, the below list are cars that this should be compatible with. As a note though, it will not work with any cars that have electronic parking brakes. Please note that the instructions are written for RHD cars, so we in the US will not need to remove anything with the intake, but will actually need to take the battery and possibly battery tray out to access this switch. Pictures below.

• Audi A3/S3 (2004 - 2012)
  • Audi A1/S1 (2011+)
  • Audi TT/TT-S/TT-RS (2007 - 2014)
  • Audi Q3 (2012+)
  • Audi R8 (2007+)
  • VW EOS (2006+)
  • VW Golf (2004 - 2014)
  • VW Caddy (2004+)
  • VW Beetle (2012+)
  • VW Jetta (2006+)
  • VW Scirocco (2009+)
  • VW Tiguan (2008+)
  • VW Touran (2003+)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bam, didn't take long to get to 5. This by no means stops at 5, but that at least secures the discount (and maybe we can get a little more if we get even more numbers). Please continue to express interest here and I'll keep things going.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Guys, anybody that is in, can you please also confirm the car you intend to fit it to? (I.e Mk6 Golf R 2L TFSI), just so I know 100% that they are all compatible. I assume the majority will be 6R's given the forum, but heat to check!

Cheers,
George

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys, anybody that is in, can you please also confirm the car you intend to fit it to? (I.e Mk6 Golf R 2L TFSI), just so I know 100% that they are all compatible. I assume the majority will be 6R's given the forum, but heat to check!

Cheers,
George
Good point, for those that want in after this post, please let me know the generation and car type (Mk6 Golf R/GTI, etc.) and I will follow up with everyone else.

·
Registered
133 Posts

Cheers,
George
Does this work with an Audi B8 S4 (2011)?

·
Registered
5,786 Posts
I'm down for sure. Mk6 R.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the interest everyone. We've gotten a lot of people in a short time frame, so in the interest of time (allow the seller to buy parts, build, and ship), I am thinking of placing an initial order on Tuesday, Dec 3rd. I am open to continuing the group buy for a while after, but we will need at least 5 to get the pricing mentioned here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'll take one. 2012 Golf R.

Can I mail you a check? I don't have a Venmo account. If so, please PM me your info and I'll send it Monday.

Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thank you for the interest everyone. We've gotten a lot of people in a short time frame, so in the interest of time (allow the seller to buy parts, build, and ship), I am thinking of placing an initial order on Tuesday, Dec 3rd. I am open to continuing the group buy for a while after, but we will need at least 5 to get the pricing mentioned here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Just let us know the process of how to send you the money and our address and we'll start getting them to you! Thanks for doing the heavy work man.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 117 Posts