VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There has been a lot of talk lately about mountain biking, and putting a group ride together. Especially with all of the eating we do over the holidays, this is the perfect time, and the weather is nice as well. I want to shoot for either Saturday the 9th or Saturday the 16th so please vote which one will work best for you. I also have a couple of places in mind that are good terrain for everyone, beginner or advanced. I'm thinking mid morning start time around 10 or so and ride from 10-15 miles just enough to have a good time. Nothing crazy. Like I said, please vote which day is better for you and I will proceed from there. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Group mountain bike ride (kxpedder7)

Quote, originally posted by kxpedder7 »
Either is good for me. What trails were you thinking of? Hawes, South Mountain, Mcdowell Mountain?
I'm leaning twoard McDowell Mountain right now because if anyone shows who hasnt rode much, they can ride the sport loop. There is literally a trail for everyone there. I like to warm up on the sport, then I do sport > technical > long. Cool down on the sport. It's about a 17 mile day, which I don't know if it would be too long.

· Registered
175 Posts
Do you take the tech back to the parking lot, or do you branch off to the long loop from the tech. Because in the beginner races they hold there they do.

Sport, Tech, Long, Sport, Tech, and it is right at 16 miles... Just curious, not trying to be a smart ass.

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (kxpedder7)

I start on the sport and branch onto the technical, then branch to the long. It's a 10 mile loop around. The problem is I love the second half of the sport so I have to ride it a couple times and I'm still yet to conquer "The Ledge" on the tech loop, or that big climb.

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Comeorigional_0)

Quote, originally posted by Comeorigional_0 »
how hard are these trails....i mountain bike from time to time and wouldnt mind going. i want to have fun and not worry about something i cant do though
my buddy rode them on his wal mart mongoose, and did just fine. The sport loop is easy but so blazing fast and fun.

· Registered
7,839 Posts
Re: (Lowassveedub)

I would love to but I think my ankle is getting modified a few days before that and I am pretty sure while it is ok to walk I doubt bike riding is ok

· Registered
3,086 Posts
Re: (kxpedder7)

Quote, originally posted by kxpedder7 »
If you have a decent bike (not sports authority/walmart) you will be fine. Yeah the ledge is hard especially because it is out of a corner

spoken like a true sw forum member. was in but now out. my bike isn't cool enough. does your bike have bbs wheels too?

· Registered
7,345 Posts
Re: (JustinE M3)

Quote, originally posted by JustinE M3 »
I would love to but I think my ankle is getting modified a few days before that and I am pretty sure while it is ok to walk I doubt bike riding is ok

HAHAHAHAHAHA
it requires two fully functional lungs more so than a good ankle there slick

· Banned
5,483 Posts
Re: (BigBlockBug)

Quote, originally posted by BigBlockBug »

HAHAHAHAHAHA
it requires two fully functional lungs more so than a good ankle there slick

Well if that's the case...count me out!
We all know how that one went down last time...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,183 Posts
Re: (nymike)

Quote, originally posted by nymike »

spoken like a true sw forum member. was in but now out. my bike isn't cool enough. does your bike have bbs wheels too?

Go get one of your friends to pull the stick out of your ass, you obviously have some issues that need resolving - please seek help.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (.:R Black Sunshine)

Quote, originally posted by .:R Black Sunshine »

Go get one of your friends to pull the stick out of your ass, you obviously have some issues that need resolving - please seek help.
http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
oh you're just as bad Mr. if its not a prophet its crap.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.