VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was trying a new chip out. Strange. Running super lean. hmm...
/me looks down at o2 sensor harness, red write (heater power) and black wire (ground) sheared off due to brittle ness.... after some vampire clamps, im back running...
Remember my ghetto resistor mod on my coolant temp sensor? well i wired it up best i can and setup the datalogger to coolant_temp value = getting OPEN_CIRCUIT signal now

This car has the big FU on wiring...
Oh well tomorrow i'll replace the entire coolant temp sensor harness i guess. Or put in all new wires for it.. Pissing me off.
Anyone else have a bad corrado day??

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Re: GRRR sns car not having a good day... (mrkrad)

But dude, just imagine all of the useful knowledge you are gonna have out of this after you get your things sorted out. Keep yer chin up pardner

·
Registered
10,269 Posts

well after not even having my car back for 2 weeks my clutch master cyl is bad gonna replace the slave while were at it
sooooo annoying the motors running good and now this happens oh whell might be more expensive but its alot easier than if it were the T/O bearing

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: GRRR sns car not having a good day... (SSj4G60)

yeah yeah thanks to all the nice people around here to help me out. The datalogger project is really showing its light now. If i can get my car sorted out perfectly, and tuned perfectly, we might start releasing it to the folks we've chosen in particular areas. Its a great deal of pain in the ass since you need to run wires into the cabin and all.. The chip i'm running now is working pretty good even in sensor failure mode (coolant_temp open circuit). More to come, maybe this weekend i'll have it ironed out ..

·
Registered
7,783 Posts

while making a new bracket for my IC i think i shorted something cuz now while driveing my car backfires..misses and then all the electronics reset....and it does it A LOT..almost got T-boned because of it

·
Registered
7,783 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]if you come over tomorrow (danny) we'll have the datalogger rig setup and we can diagnose some.
[HR][/HR]​
that is NOT an easy thing to do with the way its acting

·
Registered
834 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
Anyone else have a bad corrado day??
[HR][/HR]​
Well, after getting my Eurolight relay wiring sorted out...damn ND harness...my brake and ABS lights come on and I have no power brakes. I'm gonna check my brake fuses tomorrow...hopefully it'll be a fuse...but I'm gonna cry like a baby if it's my ABS pump.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts