VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Forum Sponsor
19,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Group Buy has Ended
We are currently sold out of these parts, but we are trying to get better pricing for you guys on the next go round. Stay tuned, and pls email us direct if interested in the part.
[email protected]
--------------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in ordering any additional products from GruvenParts.com, pls email us and let us know so we can provide further discounts -

[email protected]

** GruvenParts.com Introduces the MK4 Billet Hood Pull !!

MKIV Billet Hood Pull
Ditch the factory plastic part before its too late and you need to bust out the grill to open your hood. Ask us how we know this...
Fits ALL VW Golf from 1999.5-2007, as well as the 01-06 Jetta Wagon. Replaces P/N 1J0823593C. Dont worry, the Jetta sedan version is coming soon!
Click on the pic to visit our product page.

All parts in stock ready for immediate shipment

Please note that this part is machined from solid 6061-T651 aerospace grade aluminum. It is certainly not welded from 2 pieces, nor does it require any sort of modification to the vehicle.

The set up, programming time, and machining time are EXTENSIVE to build such a part. This requires a 5 axis CNC machining center due to the complex geometry. Look again closely at this part, or better yet show it to someone who understands what machining such types of parts actually takes. Finally, we pay quite a hefty price tag to advertise here. We’re doing our best to bring you quality parts at the best pricing possible. We are also one of the few vendors that actually listen to members regarding problematic parts and even reward them with FREE parts for bringing ideas to improve our cars. Our goal is to make our VW’s quite literally bulletproof.

If you are tired of the “Pray and Pull” mentality with the OEM VW hood pull, here are the install pics and instructions for the GruvenParts.com Billet MKIV Hood Pull :

1. OEM latch shown with plastic hood pull removed – yes, just bend apart the tongs and its comes right off the pin.

2, Use a pair of needle nose pliers, grip the pin, and gently wiggle the tapered pin back and forth a bit while tugging on it outwards. The pin will quite easily come right out of the latch – as shown in this pic.

3. Drop our billet aluminum part in by pushing it gently thru the rectangular escutcheon mounted in the grill. Use the included screw and nut to bolt onto the OEM latch assy as shown. Please note, this pic does not show the type of fastener used (pls stay tuned for more pic updates). We a use grade 10.9 hardware button head internal hex head bolt with a locking nut – included in the kit.

The billet GruvenParts.com MKIV hood pull installed –

A clean, tidy fit with the hood closed. Never to worry about again.

http://www.GruvenParts.com

PRICING DATA
$75 ea with FREE Domestic Shipping

Click the link below to go to the order page :
http://www.gruvenparts.com/web...id=60

Now’s your chance to grab this great part at reduced pricing !!

Modified by GruvenParts.com at 6:06 AM 2-19-2008

Modified by GruvenParts.com at 1:56 PM 3-26-2008

·
Forum Sponsor
19,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One more thing -
We can engrave WHATEVER logo you want into these for a nominal fee. I need the the dxf file of the logo and I will drop it into the CAD model.
If you need me to create the dxf file, I can do that as well. We'll do whatever logo you want on there, just let us know

·
Registered
10,310 Posts
Re: (GruvenParts.com)

Quote, originally posted by GruvenParts.com »
One more thing -
We can engrave WHATEVER logo you want into these for a nominal fee. I need the the dxf file of the logo and I will drop it into the CAD model.
If you need me to create the dxf file, I can do that as well. We'll do whatever logo you want on there, just let us know

How about just an arrow engraved in it like the OEM piece?

·
Banned
1,672 Posts
Re: (GruvenParts.com)

One more thing -

Paul
Can we ger an .:R version ?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Re: ++ GruvenParts.com MKIV Billet Hood Pull - Group Buy !! (GruvenParts.com)

I really like the part and its a great idea because i broke mine but $75, No way, Sorry. That's to much... good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If you drop the price to $35 i can almost grantee that 95% of all the MK4 owners would buy one. Because we either all broke one before or almost broke one. Think about it. 5000 orders for $35 or 50 orders for $75????

·
Forum Sponsor
19,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: ++ GruvenParts.com MKIV Billet Hood Pull - Group Buy !! (VR)

PM replied.
I dont have an R logo engraved yet but it will look amazing.
Let us know.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts

Im in http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: ++ GruvenParts.com MKIV Billet Hood Pull - Group Buy !! (bmp 20th AE)

Quote, originally posted by bmp 20th AE »
I really like the part and its a great idea because i broke mine but $75, No way, Sorry. That's to much... good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
If you drop the price to $35 i can almost grantee that 95% of all the MK4 owners would buy one. Because we either all broke one before or almost broke one. Think about it. 5000 orders for $35 or 50 orders for $75????

+1
I have been waiting for these to be ready but dang, $75 is a bit of a reach. I say drop to $50. still a lil high but you'll get more orders, or do $75 with engraving.
One more thing -

whats a nominal fee?

Modified by FinalUserCanKillYOU at 3:06 PM 2-12-2008

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Re: ++ GruvenParts.com MKIV Billet Hood Pull - Group Buy !! (bmp 20th AE)

Quote, originally posted by bmp 20th AE »

+2
When I first saw this thread and was reading atop, I was ready to buy this until I saw $75. There is absolutely no way to justify that kind of cash for as little as you get. I was expecting it to be roughly between 30-40 dollars.

·
Registered
12,151 Posts

I already purchased one and I do agree the price is high. But think about it this way, if you go to pop your hood and the latch pull breaks I know there are other ways to easily get it open but I look at it as piece of mind that I will never have to worry about that and I plan on keeping my car for as long as possible so it's a worthy investment. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 38 Posts