VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a GT28RS like 2 weeks ago, but never felt impresive power until yesterday night....
I was boosting no more than 14psi, I thought I had a leak somewhere, I even find 3 leak points after spending a lot of time checking all connections and hoses, first one was located on the vac line-boost gauge-dv tee and the second one on the hose comming from the metal tube of the vac line to the tee, but even then I couldn't peak more than 15psi.

Yersterday I swap the N75 race (h valve) with the stock N75 C valve, went for a test drive and the boost came up so fast that even my tires screammed through redline at 2nd gear....
seems like the H valve doesn't like the UPsolute big turbo software for the AGU.

Now that the problem was solved and I much feel better knowing all the install was done right, I'll lower the boost with the OB kit from boostvalve to 12psi until my Tyrolsport fuel pump comes in.
Hope this help all AGUs and AEBs GT28RS installs. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: GT28RS AGU boost problem solved!!! (MRP2001GTi)

Quote, originally posted by MRP2001GTi »
Dont even run the N75, its always gonna boost to high.

Regardless of the second part, listen to the first part.

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: GT28RS AGU boost problem solved!!! (VDUBNDizzy)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBNDizzy »

Regardless of the second part, listen to the first part.

Im chicken shzzle, 26 psi on 91 octane scares me.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: GT28RS AGU boost problem solved!!! (Shad)

The N75 H is ok, I've tried the same valve on a 1.8T Gti with K03 software and works really well, the problem was that the frequency on the N75 H does not match the Upsolute big turbo software.
The ride is really smooth since yesterday and I think fuel trims have been adapted really well, it's even more powerful than yesterday....

·
Registered
12,171 Posts
Re: GT28RS AGU boost problem solved!!! (27psiBoom)

I have tried all three N75s with my software and the ECU cannot control the boost well enough. The H and the J was allowing 26+ psi spikes and the stock C was allowing it to hit 25 psi. Take it off, toss it aside and set your MBC on a more realistic PSI setting like 19 or 20.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Take it off, toss it aside and set your MBC on a more realistic PSI setting like 19 or 20.

I was thinking about that when my boostvalve shows up next week but I'm a little concern about the on/off feeling of the MBC with the N75 out of the way, I'll tr y both intalls first one with the overboost solution to limit boost at 19psi and control lower boost amounts for regular driving with the N75 C and with no N75 at all.
thanks http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

I have tried all three N75s with my software and the ECU cannot control the boost well enough. The H and the J was allowing 26+ psi spikes and the stock C was allowing it to hit 25 psi. Take it off, toss it aside and set your MBC on a more realistic PSI setting like 19 or 20.

What he says http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Use the solenoid of your MBC or EBC (I.E. Profec B) it is much better in terms of build quality than the stock N-75s (EATON of Monaco) that V.A.G supply with their cars and more controlable in reducing spikes and keeping boost steady across the RPM band.
I reckon that 22-23 PSI should be the max necessary to get the optimal mix between highest power & still being safe with your EGTs and Turbo health factor.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: GT28RS AGU boost problem solved!!! (Eldi)

I'll try that as soon as my MBC arrives, don't you guys hate the on/off feeling of the ball spring MBC?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts