VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Banned
5,043 Posts
Re: GT28RS+stock ecu (baozi)

Quote, originally posted by baozi »
is this setup can gain more power? and how much hps can i get?

you have to be complete moron to run a gt28rs with stock ECU
so no...you need a BT program...some hardware...a bigger IC...bigger injectors and some $$$$

· Registered
226 Posts
Re: GT28RS+stock ecu (bluejettaVR6)

Quote, originally posted by bluejettaVR6 »

you have to be complete moron to run a gt28rs with stock ECU
so no...you need a BT program...some hardware...a bigger IC...bigger injectors and some $$$$

so when nebulight was a complete moron when he dynoed 350+ whp on the stock ecu?
what about steve? he dynoed 301 with stock intercooler and ecu.
all morons i say...

stock ecu is perfectly fine...you just have a 6500rpm redline instead of 7200 and you need to run a diode to run higher boost pressures. many say the timing map on the stock ecu is actually really good for making high power...

· Registered
226 Posts
a diode tricks the stock ecu into thinking that your boost is lower than it actually is. if the stock ecu sees anything over a certain pressure, it will go into limp mode and close the throttle body. to prevent this from happening, the best way is to put a diode on the MAP sensor to lower the voltage it sends to the ecu. if you do a search you can find dozens of good threads on how to do this. search for "diode" and i'm sure you will find plenty of info.
with an uprgaded chip it is programmed in to accept higher boost pressures, wheras the stock ecu is made to keep the engine safe since it shouldn't ever see high pressures when stock. thus the reason to trick the sensor while running the stock ecu and high boost.

· Registered
7,340 Posts
Re: GT28RS+stock ecu (elliot briggs)

Quote, originally posted by elliot briggs »

so when nebulight was a complete moron

still is

Dont run a big turbo on stock mgmt, unless you consult with the master nebulight, he is the diode expert.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: GT28RS+stock ecu (Rippinralf)

stock ecu with diode here 293whp corrected so maybe a bit lower than that... Car runs well on the dyno the af was all over though it was rich... Still looking for a software i like and wondering during all that itll be two weeks stuff from revo didnt they respond to my emails with "no programs for AWD" instead of two weeks?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.