VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone here. I have a problem with my car.
1,8T AUQ
It has 2,0L stroker kit
GT3071r 64A/R turbo
ATP Log manifold
Siemens 630cc
Big Intercooler with 60mm pipeing
76mm exhaust
Bosch 044 pump

We have a problem with A/F ratio. When the turbo hits full boost, A/F goes lean up to 20:1, than it drops and become very rich up to 11:1

You can see it on picture from dyno. I added A/F line.

Higher boost we hit, worse A/F curve is.

It was everytime the same even when we did changes to the tune. Than we....

We changed O2 sensor, ECU, unpluged MAF, changed plugs PFR6q -> IK24 -> IK27, changed FPR.
We got 360hp on 3bar. 4bar FPR made 384hp without any tune for it. But it allwas had a rough power curve. And when we took the car from dyno to test it on the road, we got lot of missfires.

This all without any progres. Can you give me advice, what should I do with that?

Thank you for answers...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
If you are running lean on boost, and the pump is really loud, it could mean the pump is on it way.
Another thing, 630cc injectors for a 2l with a GT30, might be a little on the short side. Are you running regular gas, or e85? How is the Injector Duty Cycle when leaning out?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
[email protected] should be good for the 380 you mentioned.
I'm not saying, changing the duty cycle, but checking what numbers you have when leaning out.
Can you check, if you have enough pressure* when boosting? On a dyno, etc?

EDIT: I meant Fuel Pressure :p

·
Registered
12,811 Posts
i think you have a problem with your fuel pump. it's supposed to be audible, but not that loud

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Due to the ceramics? Isn't that a bit overkill? The ceramics wouldn't give you a lean condition. Something else is up. I suspect the plugs went kaboom, due to other reasons, and not the way around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.