VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just found this forum and wanted to share with you a problem that I interfaced.
First of this is a web site of my car: http://bilatserkva.com/vw/index2.html
(a little outdated) -- I think it's a pretty nice splash page me racing Ferarri

So the first problem is my ABS starts turning itself on on regular pavement (when it's not wet or icy) and when I touch break pedal gently. VW dealership told me that censors are damaged and need to be replacecd ($400). I asked them not to touch anything but tell me how to disconnect ABS. They said that due to their policy blablabla they cannot endanger my life by discloosing how to disconnect it... but anyway, cencors called it a day, ABS and break lights are permanently on and now it breaks alright
. Besides, I found how to disconnect ABS wires from front tires.
But here's a worst problem with steering. I have to warn you, a lot of mechanics including my father had a share of doubt when hearing my story almost like asking me if I smoke anything before I drive. But I don't smoke anything at all, so what will be said is absolute truth.
So first time it occured was when I was entering the exit from highway. As I was turning right, for a tiny bit of time, maybe 8th of a second, my steeering got locked, like it couldn't move any further. Then, I was too tired, and just didn't pay much attention to a problem.
Second time it happened, I was entering drive-through-banking and I was going pretty slow, then my steering locked for about 2 seconds, I couldn't steer left or right at all! I was pretty scared I have to tell you. Then it'd let me steer but no power steering assistance. And finally after about 10 seconds, everything went back to normal. It was about 1 month ago.
Now today, I was again entering an exit and for about quarter of a second the wheel locked on me again.
I consulted some mechanics so far and nobody can give any definite answer. VW dealership @#[email protected]#[email protected][email protected] charged me $70 to ride in my car and tell me "unfortunately we couldn't detect anything, we have to wait until the problem develops". So I am like "Yeah sure, you'll come to mym graveyard mate when the problem develops".
Anyway, has anyone had or heard of anything like this before? I don't even know what to think whether to carry on driving this car or what, whether it's a real suicical trap or...
Take care guys and happy riding, & I really want to resolve issues with my car and not get rid of it, I am loving my car!

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Re: GTI 2.0 ongoing nightmare (f1vlad)

What condition is your power steering belt in? Tight? Was it wet outside when the problems occurred?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: GTI 2.0 ongoing nightmare (gitee)

I think you uncovered one pattern, it was indeed wet on all days that this has happened to steering. What are your guesses?
I actually haven't checked how tight the belt is, I will do it tomorrow!
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts