VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else think it would look so much nicer for a 99-03 gti to have 99-03 jetta headlights. i love everything about the 03 gti's but i feel like it's been a little jipped in the front. the back looks dope but they could have made the headlights a bit bigger or boxier. Even if one was to do a retrofit w/projectors, it wouldn't look as good as it could...

·
Registered
4,182 Posts
you can swap all the body parts from a jetta to your golf if you want. hood, lights, bumper, fenders. direct fit

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: GTI headlights vs JETTA headlights (chron1c)

not with black headlight housings n a thing a jetta cant get........ angel eyes thats the butter

·
Registered
2,105 Posts

just do a front end swap with a jetta. you can find a bunch of pictures on this forum of people that have done it (including myself). do a search for JTI or Jolf. i have a jetta with a golf front end (getta). you will have to swap fenders, bumper, hood, and headlights. the job takes around 4-6 hours. i don't really have any good pictures from the front, but here's one that shows the golf front end:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Re: GTI headlights vs JETTA headlights (jayrock711)

Quote, originally posted by jayrock711 »
just do a front end swap with a jetta. you can find a bunch of pictures on this forum of people that have done it (including myself). do a search for JTI or Jolf. i have a jetta with a golf front end (getta). you will have to swap fenders, bumper, hood, and headlights. the job takes around 4-6 hours. i don't really have any good pictures from the front, but here's one that shows the golf front end:

Damm 4-6 hours
its took us like 2 hrs. Of course it was done at my shop.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Re: GTI headlights vs JETTA headlights (excalvwbora)

Quote, originally posted by excalvwbora »

Damm 4-6 hours
its took us like 2 hrs. Of course it was done at my shop.

i did my swap in an apartment parking lot.
i got some pretty weird looks from my neighbors. i wish i had a shop at my disposal.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

I totally agree, the headlights were the reason I swapped front ends. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
22,003 Posts
Re: (Jirmany)

I agree.. when i swapped to a jetta front end.. The stock jetta beam pattern was lousy compared to the GTI.... Especially without the fogs..
But i found a simple solution.. E-codes with phillips silvervision bulbs..
Better then my GTI lights were

·
Registered
14,240 Posts
I like the Jetta lights better on my Jetta, and the GTI lights on my GTI. I used to like the Jetta lights more until I got my newest GTI....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: GTI headlights vs JETTA headlights (jayrock711)

hahahah getta...
direct fit = mucho $.

but now that im lookin at your pic, the headlights don't look as bad as i thought...
i still think jetta headlights > golf headlights...dunno

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

actually, i think i'm just gonna get some projectors. anyone got any pictures to show off? so far, i've only seen dinky projectors on gti's. i' thinkin more like ML projectors or angel eyes. Fat ol' eye...that would look niiiiice.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: GTI headlights vs JETTA headlights (Mark4VR6)

I agree if it's stock jetta headlight.
but with OEM hid, jetta front still look much better

1 - 16 of 16 Posts