VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which OEM VW wheel would you choose?

• Gloss Black Karthoum

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Watkins Glen

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Some other OEM wheel (Mention name and post pic)

Votes: 5 12.5%
1 - 20 of 3121 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there is one already please delete but i'd like to see some Mk7's with aftermarket wheels. The stock 18's are terrible and will be the first to go for me. Feel free to post up any good pics you have.

One of the wheels i'm looking at, Enkei RS05RR

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm struggling with this a little bit because I've never bought aftermarket alloy wheels before. How important is it to get wheels that match the center bore? I'm seeing some cautionary tales against centering rings. So far the only wheels I've found with a 57.1mm center bore are from VW (I do like the Laguna wheels they're putting on the 2014 MKVI in the US), the Neuspeed wheels, the BBS CO and CS5 wheels, and the VWR wheels (although those seem to be hard to find in the states).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm struggling with this a little bit because I've never bought aftermarket alloy wheels before. How important is it to get wheels that match the center bore? I'm seeing some cautionary tales against centering rings. So far the only wheels I've found with a 57.1mm center bore are from VW (I do like the Laguna wheels they're putting on the 2014 MKVI in the US), the Neuspeed wheels, the BBS CO and CS5 wheels, and the VWR wheels (although those seem to be hard to find in the states).

I have had tons of aftermarket wheels, probably 10 sets in the last 2 years. Hub rings are a non issue and better to use them than not in my opinion. The only exception would be if you were to track the car because it could melt the plastic ones or crack the metal ones.

If you need any help send me a message.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I prefer the 18" Austins to anything else I've seen in the galleries, but then again I also really liked the round cut out design on the 2011-2013 Mk 6's. Good news for me I guess cause it'll be less $$ to spend. Not a fan of the 19" Santiagos either.

·
35,022 Posts
Does anyone know the brake size on the north american golf? Will a 15" 5x112 steelie fit?

·
Registered
297 Posts
We havent owned a VW with a TPMS in the wheels. If you replace with a set of aftermarket wheels or winter steelies that do not have this do you have to live with the annoying light on the dash glaring at you?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, i like them in the hyper silver for my color choices and the 18x8.5 would be great if the offset is correct.

We havent owned a VW with a TPMS in the wheels. If you replace with a set of aftermarket wheels or winter steelies that do not have this do you have to live with the annoying light on the dash glaring at you?
You may be able to purchase an additional set of sensors and have them programmed also, not sure about VW's but i'd think it would be possible.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow no way i could do 20's with our roads, i'm hoping to stick with 18's but maybe do 19's. I like that ATS wheel but figure it probably won't be easy to come by in the USA. This is one i'm considering if i did 19's. TSW Rouen shown below on Audi TT in 20"

·
Registered
816 Posts
Call me a ricer, but I think these would look sick on a black GTI...Black with red stripes would match the stripe on the headlights real nice!

·
Banned
135 Posts
If anybody knows how to post pictures pm me with your email address and I will send you a pic of an optional wheel I found today on my VW training site. awesome looking rim but I dont know how to post pictures.

1 - 20 of 3121 Posts