VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which OEM VW wheel would you choose?

• Gloss Black Karthoum

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Watkins Glen

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Some other OEM wheel (Mention name and post pic)

Votes: 5 12.5%
3061 - 3080 of 3121 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wheels on 2020 GTI

While the wheels on the 2020 GTI resemble the Austin wheels that came on earlier models, they are actually slightly different. Does anyone know what these new wheels are called?

·
Registered
1 Posts

I store my Mazda Protege5 at a friend's house and last weekend I autocrossed it, so I left the GTI there. She asked if she could snap some shots of my car and of course I couldn't turn the request down. These were taken less than a block from where she's at.

Enkei PF01s, H&R lowering springs. I'm finding my decision to splurge on these rims more and more worthwhile the more I look at the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Took me a while to finally get a summer set... Sparco Pro Corsa w/ Falken Azenis...Running the Austins with a set of Pirelli Winter SottoZero's.
I think it may be about a 4lb weight savings per corner...
Thought I would be the only one around LI rockin' these but no such luck...spotted them on another GTI while Mountain Biking at Glacier Ridge :thumbup:
So far so good...bit of a PITA to clean though, but it's great having 2 sets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those look like the Englishtown wheels on the 7.5 Golf R. If that's the case, they should fit with a small spacer on the rear. the R Wheels have an offset of ET50 where the GTI wheels have offset of ET45. I had a set of CADIZ 19" wheels on my GTI and ony needed a space in rear to clear the fuel filler tube in the wheel well.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Those look like the Englishtown wheels on the 7.5 Golf R. If that's the case, they should fit with a small spacer on the rear. the R Wheels have an offset of ET50 where the GTI wheels have offset of ET45. I had a set of CADIZ 19" wheels on my GTI and ony needed a space in rear to clear the fuel filler tube in the wheel well.
GTI wheels are ET49, not ET45. At least the Austin's are.

Carry on...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
did you have any rubbing issues?

·
Registered
12 Posts
GTI wheels are ET49, not ET45. At least the Austin's are.

Carry on...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Ok, I was wrong about the offset, but I definitely needed a spacer on the rear to clear the right rear wheel well (fuel filler tube). I had the Nagano which are ET49 as well. But the R wheels are wider.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
who has APR flow formed 18’s on a GTI?

What size tire did you go with for the 8.5” rim? Did they fit without any clearance issues/modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
What size tire did you go with for the 8.5” rim? Did they fit without any clearance issues/modifications?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
235/35-19 is what I had...the standard size that an R has on the 19" rims. My GTI was stock height, so no issues other than having the 15mm spacer in the rear.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,479 Posts
Which GTI paint colour and RSE finish are these?

I'm guessing it's Dark Iron Blue metallic, and Satin Gunmetal? But would love to know for sure, I love this look.
Carbon Steel Gray paint color with Hyper Black RSE10s. I have the same combo.

3061 - 3080 of 3121 Posts