VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Which OEM VW wheel would you choose?

• Gloss Black Karthoum

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Watkins Glen

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Some other OEM wheel (Mention name and post pic)

Votes: 5 12.5%
3101 - 3120 of 3121 Posts

·
Registered
Mk7 GTI/Audi A3 8P
13,989 Posts
Hi MK7 people, it's Pabbs.
When I take my winter wheels/tires off for the year I'm going to replace the stock VW wheels. I would love to put some 18" wheels that are in the style of 80's VW/Euro vehicles. I found a whopping 1 style in a few hours of searching the net, but they are new and not available until September.
Did any of you have the same thought I've had with choosing wheels that give a nod to MK1 and MK2? If so, what did you find and where did you find it?
Cheers!
You can try looking at some Rotiforms. They have some OE style looking wheels in 18 and 19's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I would like to get new rims for my 2020 mark 7.5 GTI. I know the old Milton rims are 18x8 with a 49 mmeter offset And I am trying to get the replica of the Santiago rims 18 x 8 with a 45 mmeter offset do I need spacers for that. I'm new to rims I just want to know if they'll even fit on the car.

·
Registered
53,305 Posts
I would see no benefit in using a spacer for an offset that close if the new wheels have the proper hub opening diameter. Be sure to use the correct type lug bolts as the VW OE are spherical seat and some non-OE wheels are conical seat.

·
Registered
2019 GTI Autobahn Deep Black Pearl
78 Posts
Hyper Silver VMR 810s 19x8.5 et45
Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s 235/35ZR-19

19s FTW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a MK VII "face-lift" GTI that I DD. I'm definitely going to be lowering and replacing the stock wheels. My previous 2016 GTI was running H&R sport springs and 18" X 8.5 Rotiform CCV. That setup was great for the commute I had at the time. But now I have a much shorter commute on less rough roads. So I'm thinking more aggressive stance will be ok.
I'm looking at H&R street sport coilovers and 19" X 8.5 either HRE FF10s or similar in terms of weight. My thoughts are that I can have a lower height and less sidewall flex for sharper turns, less body roll, etc.
So my question is, has anyone else ran a similar setup and what have you liked and disliked about it? Also, I will be keeping my stock wheels and tires in the garage so if I ever have need to, I can mount them back on and just adjust the coilovers up. Any input is appreciated!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've only run stock on mine so far, but I haven't heard of anyone having issues with running 19s. Sounds like it'll be a dope set up, though!

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can't speak to aftermarket suspension changes, but I have used 19s on my stock GTIs, one with DCC and one without.

Both cars have been great on 19s on stock suspension, with or without DCC. The ride has never been overly harsh or uncomfortable to the point it becomes a distraction. And I like the wider tire on the 19s, and of course I think they look better but that is subjective.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have a MK VII "face-lift" GTI that I DD. I'm definitely going to be lowering and replacing the stock wheels. My previous 2016 GTI was running H&R sport springs and 18" X 8.5 Rotiform CCV. That setup was great for the commute I had at the time. But now I have a much shorter commute on less rough roads. So I'm thinking more aggressive stance will be ok.
I'm looking at H&R street sport coilovers and 19" X 8.5 either HRE FF10s or similar in terms of weight. My thoughts are that I can have a lower height and less sidewall flex for sharper turns, less body roll, etc.
So my question is, has anyone else ran a similar setup and what have you liked and disliked about it? Also, I will be keeping my stock wheels and tires in the garage so if I ever have need to, I can mount them back on and just adjust the coilovers up. Any input is appreciated!
I’m currently running 19x8.5” bbs ci-r.
Lowered on eibach sportline springs (1.7-2.3” drop). I’ll be switching to Airlift today. My other sets are 18 but the 19s fit the frame well IMO. Riding any lower static than where I am currently I’ll definitely be scraping.

Steering is a touch more responsive on 19s. I have had no issues clearing bumps. One minor issue is potholes and the wheels being more prone to damage. I’m also in New York City though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I’m currently running 19x8.5” bbs ci-r.
Lowered on eibach sportline springs (1.7-2.3” drop). I’ll be switching to Airlift today. My other sets are 18 but the 19s fit the frame well IMO. Riding any lower static than where I am currently I’ll definitely be scraping.

Steering is a touch more responsive on 19s. I have had no issues clearing bumps. One minor issue is potholes and the wheels being more prone to damage. I’m also in New York City though.
+1 for 19x8.5s. They fit the mk7 really nicely.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Is this stock suspension?
Yes, stock suspension and no spacers. I wanted to drive it around a bit before installing the H&R Sport OE springs I have so I can tell how the ride differs from just the wheel change. =) I'll post another pick once the springs are installed. Also planning on 5 - 10 mm spacers in the back.

·
Registered
387 Posts
So what tire size should I run to not have crazy rubbing problems or to mod fenders more. 235 or 245 for a 18x8.5 et 35 wheel? I’m on bc coilovers as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I would say 235, 35 offset is getting a little pokey though. I went with 19x8.5 et45 with a 235/35zr19

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

3101 - 3120 of 3121 Posts