VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the sunroof for the mkv golf gti decided to go haywire

i turn the dial to the middle to close it. the roof starts closing an inch from closing completely then retracts backwards. nothing seems to be blocking it. any suggestions on what it could be?

Banned
Re: GTi Sunroof stuck (gwaipor)

Are you sure ? I'd suggest to check for a tiny little rock that might've stuck in between the rails.

Registered
Re: GTi Sunroof stuck (gwaipor)

Quote, originally posted by gwaipor
the sunroof for the mkv golf gti decided to go haywire

i turn the dial to the middle to close it. the roof starts closing an inch from closing completely then retracts backwards. nothing seems to be blocking it. any suggestions on what it could be?

Try closing the roof/windows by holding down the lock button on the remote, this disables anti-pinch.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn. when it is closing, is it meant to close the interior plastic bit underneath together as well?
the interior plastic thing seems to be lodged way behind in the gap (where the roof normally retracts to)
will give that antipinch thing a go

Registered
Re: (gwaipor)

if you've opened the glass roof to its maximum allowed extent, the plastic piece under it will proceed to disapear behind it too. However, as soon as the glass roof is retrieved from the maximum open position, the plastic piece should come back too
as stated above, check the rails, then get your manual out, should show the manual overide close instructions

Registered
Re: (seph)

Happend on my Mk4. Turned the dial to Full open then full tilt. Left right back forward. basically stuffed around enough it came good.
Somethimes if i turn the dial too quick on hot days it goes nuts and wont close.
But i'd check the pinch thing and make sure the plastic bit that pops up when open is free to go down again. there should be no resistance at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.