VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just received a GTI rear sway bar form a fellow Vortex member. Could use some help on mounting, anyone have pics of theirs installed on the car? Can kinda see how the bushing and bracket would bolt on the axle, but the loop bracket and where the ends mount is causing me some confusion!

I have an 83 Rabbit!
Any help is appreciated!

· Registered
1,474 Posts
Re: GTI Sway Bar Install on LS! Help! (rabbit83)

Not to sound contrite, but installing the rear stock bar is sooo simple. Takes all of about 20 minutes, including driving the car up on some ramps to let you underneath. Once you understand how the "hoops" that loop around the trailing arms connects using the slide-on clips, you'll have no trouble at all. See if you can find a GTI or Cabby to look underneath to get a 3D view of how it all goes together, perhaps there is one at a wrecking yard near you?
Now retro-fitting a stock front sway bar onto a Rabbit the didn't come with one, that's a bit more complicated.

· Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: GTI Sway Bar Install on LS! Help! (Singlerounds)

Found a pic of one installed on a car, now I can see how it goes on, makes me feel kinda silly for asking.
I am going to be putting on a front sway, it should be here in the next week or so, and it doesnt have a front at all.
Anything special you have to do? Its an aftermarket sway from Autotec (sp)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.