VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I got notified by VW they need to perform a recall on my GTI mk 7.5 in which they will install a new control unit.
However I'm affraid they will mess with my Unitronic stage 1 flash and I'm wondering if I should skip this recall.

Anyone has experience to share on this recall?

Thank you!

VW Recall Number 37M2

Corrective Actions:
The company will notify owners by mail. Owners will be instructed to take their vehicle to a dealer to have a new shift lever micro switch and control unit installed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys,

I got notified by VW they need to perform a recall on my GTI mk 7.5 in which they will install a new control unit.
However I'm affraid they will mess with my Unitronic stage 1 flash and I'm wondering if I should skip this recall.

Anyone has experience to share on this recall?

Thank you!

VW Recall Number 37M2

Corrective Actions:
The company will notify owners by mail. Owners will be instructed to take their vehicle to a dealer to have a new shift lever micro switch and control unit installed.
Even if the issue affected the ECU which it does not you can always flash the car back to stock and so forth anytime you want. I have the Uni-connect cable and do it regularly as Uni. pushes out updates all the time.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Even if the issue affected the ECU which it does not you can always flash the car back to stock and so forth anytime you want. I have the Uni-connect cable and do it regularly as Uni. pushes out updates all the time.
There is a flash counter that increments each time. You can’t hide it by simply flashing back to stock. Or so I have read MANY times on here.

What sort of updates do they push out? I didn’t realize that they did.

·
Registered
34 Posts
They do revisions on the tune software a few times per year. I’ve updated mine 3 times already. You will see the revision versions when you log in via your cable. If you are not sure when you last tuned just update to the newest version listed. Mine is running better now and the powerband seems a little better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.