VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Re: (Deezz_Nuttzz)

Quote, originally posted by Deezz_Nuttzz »
Votex Body Kit

That's not the kit we get here (well except for the front)

-Adam

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: (Smoltz)

WOW
this is EXACTLY the body kit I saw on the 4-door GOLF 5 1.6FSI I saw earlier today infront of the embassy of the Dominican Republic in Wash, DC!
Same rear valance and same front valance! Side skirts also!

·
Registered
8,287 Posts

To get that kit on a US car, you have to switch to the Euro rear bumper. All of the parts (front valence, rear valence & side skirts) are readily available, but pricy.
MSRP (in Germany) is €1,627.13. Add the conversion rate and shipping and you're right around $2,000.
The good thing about the kit is that it comes pre-painted. The bumper does not, but should be easy enough to shoot for $200-250...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (gezuvor)

Quote, originally posted by gezuvor »
The good thing about the kit is that it comes pre-painted...

Ok so let me get this straight... I can order these Additional lips from the dealership and they come pre-painted? I dont care much for the rear euro bumper. I just want a kit thats very subtle... going for factory look with aftermarket performance
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I think I'd paint the splitter-looking part on the front skirt black. I'd also paint the indentation on the rear skirt black.

·
Registered
'09 135i, '22 CX5 Turbo
14,096 Posts
Re: GTI Votex Kit (Deezz_Nuttzz)

Just incase anybody was interested http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Awesomes.
However, looks like Helmut installed a north american suspension on that euro GTI.

Any truth to the rumor that 2007 MY GTIs willbe coming with painted lowers?

Modified by Preppy at 10:53 AM 3-4-2006

·
Registered
'09 135i, '22 CX5 Turbo
14,096 Posts
Re: GTI Votex Kit (Preppy)

Quote, originally posted by Preppy »

Awesomes.
However, looks like Helmut installed a north american suspension on that euro GTI.

Any truth to the rumor that 2007 MY GTIs willbe coming with painted lowers?

Modified by Preppy at 10:53 AM 3-4-2006

Utilizing my second ever attempt to lower using photoshop.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Re: GTI Votex Kit (Preppy)

Quote, originally posted by Preppy »

Utilizing my second ever attempt to lower using photoshop.

the back just looks ugly still. maybe some 10" wide tires with poke would help. look like a lanky boy standing up or soemthing. yea i'm weird.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts

Ok so let me get this straight... I can order these Additional lips from the dealership and they come pre-painted? I dont care much for the rear euro bumper. I just want a kit thats very subtle... going for factory look with aftermarket performance

They don't come pre-painted.
-Adam

·
Registered
8,287 Posts

Ok so let me get this straight... I can order these Additional lips from the dealership and they come pre-painted?

THIS kit can be ordered pre-painted. This kit is NOT available in the U.S. (yet)...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Re: GTI Votex Kit (1 Fly Golof)

Quote, originally posted by 1 Fly Golof »
did Deezz_Nuttzz jus leave out the r or does this have nothing to do with vortex? really hot kit!!!!!

He did not leave off the r. It has nothing to do with Vortex. Votex is the branding VW uses for there body kits.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Re: GTI Votex Kit (Deezz_Nuttzz)

I'm sorry, but that doesn't look right at all. Too much paint. There needs to be a color contrast somewhere back there. I prefer total black textured valences personally, but this will never sork for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.