VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know which car is faster for sure? They both have two hundred horsepower and are relatively close in size. But the Prelude has a 4 cylinder engine which means it may weigh less. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (ryansjetta)

theres the difference in weight bewtween the cars, torque, the drivers skills, and any mods that were done to either car...

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (luigi1181)

If you are talking 5th gen Prelude and both cars stock, it is a very close race. I believe the SH model is slightly slower than the Base model.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (euro sport)

Quote, originally posted by euro sport »
If you are talking 5th gen Prelude and both cars stock, it is a very close race. I believe the SH model is slightly slower than the Base model.

sh model has vtec and the base doesn't so i dont know why the SH would be slower...
later..

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (ToqureinTuner)

Base model has VTEC it doesn't have the SH stuff though. Non-SH 5th gen ludes are faster than SH. Stock for stock VR vs. H22 (in the cars the engines came in)...its a driver's race.
Quote, originally posted by ryansjetta »
Does anyone know which car is faster for sure? They both have two hundred horsepower and are relatively close in size. But the Prelude has a 4 cylinder engine which means it may weigh less. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks!!!

So you know, they don't both have 200 horsepower. 12v VR6 has 172 hp, H22 has 200hp. Size doesn't matter but weight does and the Prelude is 2900lbs to the GTI VR6's 2800lbs. Again, driver's race.

Modified by darren p. at 12:11 PM 5-9-2003

·
Registered
5,023 Posts

VR6 will win..even my lowly 12v has no problems with last gen ludes.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ToqureinTuner »

sh model has vtec and the base doesn't so i dont know why the SH would be slower...
later..

Since when?!?!?
Both Base and SH models have VTEC! The Type SH model carries the ATTS (Active Torque Transfer System) which adds weight and a slight loss in power to the wheels. It has always been proven to be slower than the base model.
The Prelude will run approximately 15.0-15.2 in the quarter-mile. It is strictly a drivers game when compared to a Mk3 VR6.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ToqureinTuner »

later..
yes both models do have VTEC, but the SH has ATTS(active torque transfer system) and thats what makes the SH heavier...excellent car on the track, http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif for drag racing

Modified by MrVrSix at 1:00 PM 5-9-2003

·
Registered
494 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (MrVrSix)

Its a drivers race between the 5th gen preude and any 12v VR6 (even the MK4's).

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (VR6PAYNE)

i beat one in the 1/4 mile, 3 times in my jetta
all i had was an intake. his was decked out

·
Registered
282 Posts
I raced a 5th gen lude from a stop, i had just exhaust, he had intake and exhaust, both of us had a ****** launch, but, i beat it by 2 car lengths

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: (Slvr6Dub)

between the two, its most definitely whose a better drive. Performance of both cars is almost identical, even though the lude has the hp advantage. i would have to lean towards the mk3 on this one though, the older gen 93-96 i guess were faster

·
Registered
792 Posts

lol, assuming 200 at the wheels, then the GTi will be able to run through 3 gears , stop. have a bite to eat at jackinthebox, go out to the car again and finish the race in its favor.
new preludes are slow

·
Registered
16 Posts
Re: GTI VR6 vs. Honda Prelude w/ new body style Winner?????? (BishopVR6)

I Raced one the other day on the freeway. I had like 1 car length on him then we hit an interchange and I couldnt take the turn at 125 so I eased off the gas and he passed me. It came down to suspention. so he won.

Modified by DrColosis at 6:18 PM 5-9-2003

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.