VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just incase somebody wants to know the difference between GTI & Rabbit Valance here are the pictures for comparison
Rabbit

Rabbit

GTI

GTI

*FYI* Whoever owns that rabbit, thanks for allowing me to use your car to clarify a few questions.

Modified by EvilWabbit at 7:50 PM 8-21-2007

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: GTI VS Rabbit Rear Valance (BlackRabbit34)

Let me teach you about facts of life before you open your big mouth
1."The GTI Rear Valance does not come painted" - Ever heard of painting the rear, say it with me CUSTOM
2. "If the rabbit's valance was painted in this picture you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from this angle" - open your eyes before you talk, look at the angle, do you now see a difference or do you want me to draw a line for you?
3. "these are both rabbits" Congratulation, you're right for the 1st time,
Next time think and look before you open your big mouth, this thread was supposed to be a helpful link for all the people here who are considering switching the rear valance for a GTI.
This post shows the diffrence between a GTI and Rabbit valance from the SIDE, i'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself by giving you the credit that you know how each look from the back.
I guess i gave you guys too much credit especially you to use a little common sense and know the difference between a GTI and Rabbit valance

Modified by EvilWabbit at 7:24 PM 8-21-2007

·
Registered
926 Posts
Re: GTI VS Rabbit Rear Valance (RedRabidRabbit)

Edit again, shaped differently.
Apparently the Japanese market cars have different ones too.. confirm/deny?

Modified by Fleischwagen at 4:16 PM 8-21-2007

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (ZippinVeeDub)

Quote, originally posted by ZippinVeeDub »
arent they the same exact valance?

GTI
1. Valance has a notch, indicated by the picture
2. From the direct side view, GTI valance is a bit wider (can't explain it, please see 1st post to understand the explanation)
Rabbit
1. No Notch, Indicated by the picture
GTI

Rabbit

Modified by EvilWabbit at 7:47 PM 8-21-2007

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Re: (EvilWabbit)

some people cant understand... even with pics. The GTI rear has a middle section much like the oettinger rear. the rabbit doesnt have the indent and is pretty much smooth from the top to bottom, just rounded.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
I've clean the petty bull out of this thread. Anyone who brings it back into the thread is going to receive attention they don't like.
I'm going to add this to the FAQ. It's actually an informative thread in the sea of garbage of recent times. Keep it clean, guys.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Re: GTI VS Rabbit Rear Valance (EvilWabbit)

//note im not trying to throw this topic off (again) but Im not sure this is completely accurate yet:
Quote, originally posted by EvilWabbit »

GTI

GTI

Modified by EvilWabbit at 7:50 PM 8-21-2007

Are we sure that this is a GTI? I believe that this is a rabbit. No side molding, matte finish on the door jam, and It looks as if the owner painted his back end to look similar to a GTI (not to mention his hatch says 2.5 rabbit) - this picture is just too confusing.
I would suggest that you post a stock rabbit/gti rather than a modded one.

Modified by HoneyNutz at 12:39 PM 8-22-2007

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

This thread is confusing
OEM Euro Rabbit Rear:

OEM 30th GTI Rear:

OEM Euro R32 Rear:

OEM Euro GTI Rear:

OEM US GTI Rear:

OEM US Rabbit Rear:

OEM US Thunder Bunny Rear:

OEM Euro GOLF Votex Rear:

OEM US GTI Votex Rear: (sorry, only photo I have)

Modified by Arin at 12:23 PM 8-22-2007

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Re: (Arin)

Ok good! Mod, delete everything but Arin's post.

·
Registered
RS3, JKU
20,080 Posts
Re: GTI VS Rabbit Rear Valance (HoneyNutz)

Quote, originally posted by HoneyNutz »
//note im not trying to throw this topic off (again) but Im not sure this is completely accurate yet:
Are we sure that this is a GTI? I believe that this is a rabbit. No side molding, matte finish on the door jam, and It looks as if the owner painted his back end to look similar to a GTI (not to mention his hatch says 2.5 rabbit), not to mention that he also has a sat radio antenna -- this picture is just too confusing.
I would suggest that you post a stock rabbit/gti rather than a modded one.
Modified by HoneyNutz at 12:21 PM 8-22-2007

The car is a Rabbit, the owner put on a GTI valance.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
Re: (HoneyNutz)

Quote, originally posted by HoneyNutz »
Ok good! Mod, delete everything but Arin's post.

No. The point of his thread was not to show every available skirt.
What RedRabidRabbit has pointed out is the key ingredient in alleviating the confusion. If the originator can post a link to the thread where the owner of that Rabbit explains that his or her car has a painted GTI rear skirt, there would be no confusion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.