VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and found nothing,i am buying the new south dashpod with defi blue racer gauges and i am buying a boost guage, a EGT gauge and was wondering should i get a oil pressure gauge or an oil temp. gauge. And do i need extra fittings to install the oil temp. i know with the pressure gauge i need the fitting from new south. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Re: Guages question? (uBeR_MK5)

Quote, originally posted by uBeR_MK5 »
Anyone?

let me get this strait...you're buying the new south gauge pod with a gauge, another boost gauge, and you want an oil pressure and temperature gauges?
the way it sounds to me is you want to put two boost gauges and and two oil gauges into a new south gauge pod that holds one gauge.
gauge gauge gauge gauge gauge....
perhaps you could clarify your post. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Guages question? (glydingsoul)

sorry about that i was typing fast. No i am getting the dash pod, a boost gauge and an exhaust temperature gauge, the dash pod has room for three gauges and i don't know whether to get an oil temperature gauge as my third gauge or an oil pressure gauge. The thing is i dont know if with the oil temp. gauge if i would need any extra fittings to mount it in the correct place in the engine bay. Sorry about the confusion before

·
Registered
8,020 Posts

the egt gauge will require a sender unit. i'd also recommend sender units for both oil pressure and oil temp gauges. i'd say that the oil pressure is more important. running a car with no oil pressure will cause engine failure, probably within a few seconds.
if you plan to track the car, then oil temp is nice also, but for a daily driver, oil temp isn't really that helpful in general.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

Quote, originally posted by uBeR_MK5 »
sorry about that i was typing fast. No i am getting the dash pod, a boost gauge and an exhaust temperature gauge, the dash pod has room for three gauges and i don't know whether to get an oil temperature gauge as my third gauge or an oil pressure gauge. The thing is i dont know if with the oil temp. gauge if i would need any extra fittings to mount it in the correct place in the engine bay. Sorry about the confusion before

gotcha...looks like i read fast too, i didnt notice the dash pod part.
otherwise, i cant anser your questions. try the 2.0T technical forum though, they seem to have a better grasp on this kind of stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.