VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i decided to do bags instead of coils so i dont bust my oil pan pulling in and out of my driveway. ill just let the pics do the talking cuz i know thats what you guys all want.
Btw heres the car in question.

and heres how the trunk started out

started by building a frame to mount all the components in and raise the floor 7 inches

spare tire access

got a little bit of the wiring done too

then i made the false floor and wrapped it in suede to match the headliner and pillars

and i also molded the digital gauge in the sunroof motor cover

now im just waitin on the compressor and bags
let me kinow what you think so far though

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Guardian's build thread (diive4sho)

Quote, originally posted by diive4sho »
Looks really good....is it just the camera angle or is the hole for the sub cut off center?

yeah it was right after i took that pic i fixed it so the sub sits evein in the hole http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Guardian's build thread (guardian1020)

UPDATE...
got the switch box fabbed up and wired and finished wiring and installing the valves in the trunk...

heres where it comes out of the center console

valves are now wired and plumbed

and i got all the wiring for the gauge done

compressor gets ordered on friday and then i just have to save for the bags http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by guardian1020 at 9:20 AM 8-13-2008

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (guardian1020)

UPDATE.
got the compressor, a new psi sender, and pressure relief valve, put it all in and it fills up and holds air

here are some pics
now all i need are the bags and struts http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

and here is the finished trunk

·
Banned
7,047 Posts
Re: (guardian1020)

Quote, originally posted by guardian1020 »

FINALLY!!!!!
no more burst tanks, DOT or otherwise. (not that i'm advocating non-DOT approved tanks, but if you wanna risk life and limb to save a few bucks, at least put one of these bad boys in a port)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Guardian's build thread (guardian1020)

ok so i finally got the bags in after all the set backs i was having...before we all get started, the rears still have bumpstops, they will be coming out when i3 get new struts.
and the fronts will go lower after i get the new struts also...anyway on with the DIRTY pics...i hate mud

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (LBVdubin)

Quote, originally posted by LBVdubin »
subscribibeddd!
Looks awesome!
Any reason why you drilled holes in the floor? Weight savings? I didnt read the thread...maybe it was asnwered

i wanted it to be as light as possible, whether it helped or not i dont know but i tried

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.