VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my S6 got a little dinged up thanks to a dingbat. During a snow storm last month a lady in a Lancer decided to pull right out in front of me and hit the brakes when she decided to turn another way. I just about managed to get around her, but my right front smacked her left rear. I just wish I had a dashcam for a he/she said. No charges or tickets due to road conditions.

Pic of my Audi. I already have it back and know exactly what the cost was.

Pic of Lancer

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Unrelated, but I was shopping S6's yesterday, seem like good value in the 50-60k range. What are your thoughts on your ownership experience thus far?

If memory serves me correctly, you got yours used as well after the S8 met its demise, correct?

·
Registered
631 Posts
I'm going to say $3,500 with parts of a parted car if you search through CL and local papers. But honestly I'd duct tape it till the weather gets clearer. I can't count the number of times I fixed something mid-winter, to find another derpa hit that same spot.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I'm going to say $3,500 with parts of a parted car if you search through CL and local papers. But honestly I'd duct tape it till the weather gets clearer. I can't count the number of times I fixed something mid-winter, to find another derpa hit that same spot.
I'm going to guess you didn't read the OP ;)

My guess was $3-4k. Do you run winter tires?

·
Registered
15,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unrelated, but I was shopping S6's yesterday, seem like good value in the 50-60k range. What are your thoughts on your ownership experience thus far?

If memory serves me correctly, you got yours used as well after the S8 met its demise, correct?
Mine has been pretty good. The C7 is one of Audi's most reliable cars. Its fast and hides under the radar. Doesn't feel as special as my S8 did. Still miss that car. And as usual the Bose stereo in Audi's still blow. The B&O in my S8 kicked ass

I'm going to guess you didn't read the OP ;)

My guess was $3-4k. Do you run winter tires?
Yup. Blizzaks on mine and Hakka's on my wife's.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,944 Posts
Anytime I see something that appears to be minor, I'm always shocked at the final tally. And even if it is minor and repaired at the cost of the initial estimate, my OCD takes over and I start staring at hood lines and panel gaps etc wondering how it looked pre 'minor' fender bender.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
$4,900, bud.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Oh, I agree they don't need to. Doesn't mean they didn't try and invoice him for it. IDK, just a shot in the dark.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.