VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right!! ME! ...damn those pesky Texas mosquitos!
I feel like I'm going through menopause! LOL I've got severe hot flashes, muscle spasms, Im sore all over, and sometimes I feel like passing out. Currently I have a fever of 101.2, which I was told is normal! The fevers only last about an hour tho and return to normal body temp, which I find very odd.
There's no "cure" or anything it just goes away on its own. And there are no real meds either.
Oh and Im the first human diagnosed with it in Texas this year. WooHoo!! There were 439 Human cases last year in Texas and the death rate is less than 1%.

-Nathan

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (Hindenburg)

Damn bummer dude. Glad to hear you have strength to still come into the TEX. LOL Hope you get better! I have missed many of your OT's, photos and querky comments. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Get better soon

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (Armani)

There isnt much else to do... Gasoline is TOO expensive to go anywhere, so I've been home a lot lately.
Both the B3 & B4 are behaving wonderfully. Even the cruise control works perfectly!!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

So if you are in that 1% I need the following parts . . .
Kidding

Bummer about the virus man. I had Typhoid Fever when I was in Mexico last summer, they told me that a temp of 106.2 only causes brain damage if sustained for over an hour, mine was only that high for a few minutes . . . very reasssuring

Keep up on whatever meds they give you and be sure to take your vitamins, they can't hurt.
Here's to your fast recovery and fast driving to follow:

Beer,
Abe

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (jbrams)

Hottest I've seen so far is 102. and it was for an hour, then back to 98.6 range. I've noticed I get a fever only at night... and I have absolutely NO energy at all durring the day. I think I need to go out tomorrow... Im tired of being home.

I've been stuck in bed since saturday watching Absolutely Fabulous DVDs non stop.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Oh and bud lite sucks. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

Agreed on the Bud light sucking. More into hefeweizen myself. When you get tired of Absolutely Fabulous DVDs, rent the Family Guy DVD, it actually made my friend pee his pants (well, we kept giving him more beer, but the Family Guy was what did it as far as I'm concerned
)
Feel better man,
Abe

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (jbrams)

Damn I love that Peter. Good thing they're bringing Family Guy back. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (Armani)

Quote »
Good thing they're bringing Family Guy back.

Is this a for sure thing? Thats the best damn show, and I thought it was gone for sure this time.
Sorry to hear about the virus, Family Guy prolly is a good perscription for the boredom, or maybe some Beavis and Butthead if you like that kind of humor. Get well, and get drivin soon

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (BlackB4PassatVR6)

Hindenburg Sorry for the Hijack......
Ok I am a hardcore fan of many animated shows and I read this article last year when they said Family Guy may return in January 2005. Then this year on MTV's TRL they had some animated special and Stewie was on. After Stewie's interview one of the VJ's said It's good thing they will be back in the Fall. It still hasn't been officially announced but it looks good! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Here's another article from E! http://www.eonline.com/News/It....html

·
Registered
889 Posts

that sucks http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
hope u get better soon

·
Registered
931 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (Devits)

damn, thats sucks, get well fast!
yesterday i went golfing and i got nailed by a couple of those
i hate them!

anyways get well!!

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (amp1080)

west nile virus
????
hehehehe....damn mosquitos

these are the only mosquitos i like:

bill
(get better!!!)

·
Registered
27,950 Posts

Sorry to hear that.
My wife was in the ER last year with a migraine. Then, she developed a persistent chough that wouldn't go away.
She went to her primary care physician, and they treated her for bronchitis.
The cough remained.
I'm in the basement exercising, she came home from work, and reads the mail. She opens a letter from the hospital. It states that she may have been exposed to whooping cough at the hospital, and it may even have been diagnosed as bronchitis.
She gets blood work, and her numbers are off the charts.
As she had it for so long, it ran it's course.
I, however, am given 10 days of precautionary antibiotics.

Modified by Cooper at 8:01 PM 5-18-2004

·
Registered
27,950 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Hindenburg »
That's right!! ME! ...damn those pesky Texas mosquitos!

Thanks for telling me that.

There are a ton of mosquitos this year due to the vernal pond in the woods in the backyard.
They're even in the house buzzing around!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Guess who has West Nile Virus?!! (Cooper)

Well with the slow moving Rio Grande next door, and all the ranches that irrigate from canals, we get tons of them. So bad that last year we had trucks going up and down the streets in my neighbourhood spraying the air for them. There's this large pond next to a golf course a block away that had to be drained it got so bad. And to top it off our rain levels are higher than normal and temperatures are lower than normal... so it all adds up.

But its better than living in San Antonio and Austin this time of year with the stagnant river in San Antonio and all the lakes in Austin! TONS of dead birds and mosquitos there!

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Oh and it's so nice to know that our hospitals and care givers dont know what the hell theyre doing. It's kinda like going to the VW dealer for something other than an oil change.

·
Registered
27,950 Posts

I just got a new car. So, I'm doing the typical male thing and going in the garage to look at it in the evening.
My wife just said, "you can only open the door to the garage three times tonight!"
I swear, I think that the mosquitoes must be lined up with numbers like at a deli counter to come in the house.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts