VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello gents...i was driving on my way home just now and i noticed this strange sound comming from my tranny. The weird thing is it only starts making the sound (a sorta rattling sound) when im in gear, when im in neutral or say i tried putting it in gear at a light and just advancing a tad with the friction point and no sound. but as soon as i get rolling and my foots off the clutch completely then it comes back. its not loud yet its very annoying cause i know its there now!
plz help
Pics4Clicks

Modified by victor_s at 2:40 AM 5-12-2007

·
Registered
352 Posts
Could be a few things, but if I can trust Volkswagens shotty transmission design and my luck with transmissions, I'd check your fluid. Could be a rivet wiggling its way out of your differential and machining away at the case of the tranny. If your tranny fluid has flecks of metal in it thats likely the case. But who knows maybe its nothing serious.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Re: (victor_s)

Quote, originally posted by victor_s »
whats SMS?
damn it ..is there any way to fix it?

self-machining-syndrome and it's pretty much terminal cancer for transmissions. good luck, at least used transaxles are really cheap http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.