VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: guys with shave hatch... (87GolfKart)

you can buy a metal frame, and it has to be custom molded in. Next time you're at the bookstore, look at the ads in one of those truckin' magazines.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Re: guys with shave hatch... (87GolfKart)

i have fiberglass license plate bumper box from venommotorsport, if any one wants to buy it. i was gonna use it on my jetta but it will not work with my new custom bumper. let me know if any is interested. i have pics i can email you.

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
Re: guys with shave hatch... (BlueA2Jetta)

look around on the net. Some domestic places sell them for pickups..for when they shave the tailgates..pretty cheap. Or.....get fancy..go to a junkyard, and look for any car that has the license plate recessed into the bumper. And just cut that section out, and you have yourself a license plate recess to fabricate into your mk2 bumper. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Re: guys with shave hatch... (VRpoweredA2)

here is what iwas done on a friends mk3. he just moved the plate recess that you take out of the hatch down the the bumper. if this doesn't work on an mk2, just find an mk3 rear hatch recess and use that... it also solves the problems of your plate lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts