VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have previously owned H&R cupkits on my old GTI and now that im looking into a suspension upgrade for my 20th I was wondering if anyone has had experience with both the H&R cupkit and the Koni yellows with H&R race springs....
I know that I don't want to go back to the H&R cupkit - I thought they handled great but I needed something more comfortable for the road...
So my question is, can I take advatage of the Koni yellow's dampening adjustments to make the combo more comfortable than the H&R cupkit on soft settings and still have the handling of a H&R cupkit when the Koni are set to a firmer setting?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Re: H&R cupkit vs. Koni/H&R Race springs (Ayrton)

I've got the Koni Yellows and H&R race spring setup, I havent had anything else on this car but it's very comfortable, little bouncy but I'm still dialing it in. The rears are a pain to adjust so I've got those set and about midrange all the time but the fronts are a breeze, I mess with those alot, and on full hard its pretty stiff.
I have driven other cupkit equipped MKIV's and I do like my setup more.
my two cents

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for your input. anymore preople out there want to chime in?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah, in the same boat here. Although, probably nomatter what input I get, I'll be installing the H&R Race springs anyway. I've got the sports on now, and while it was a cool drop when they were newly installed, I feel now that I must go lower still.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (GTiBob)

I dont think lowering is an issue...anything lower than the stock 337/20th will do just fine...i am happy enough with my drop now.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Anybody want cream? no cream? Mmmkay, no cream

·
Banned
666 Posts

I was going to go with the cup kit. but I am going bilsteins/H&Rs for my jetta wagon

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Re: H&R cupkit vs. Koni/H&R Race springs (GTIVR6RACER4EVER)

besides ride height what is the difference between the H&R race springs and sport sprigns?

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Re: H&R cupkit vs. Koni/H&R Race springs (2ndTimesACharm)

stiffness. I think...
the sport springs are progressive
the race springs are linear

1 - 15 of 15 Posts