VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiosity how tight did you tighten your band clamp bolts? Like how much of the bolt is sticking out, I guess mine is poking about 1 inch or so. I didnt' go too tight originally, because of the common problem with breaking. While adj. my coils though I noticed the clamp/bushing had shifted on the left and on the right it was just loose, I could shake it around. I tightened them up of course and was wondering how tight others had theirs.

· Registered
2,292 Posts
I had mine about an inch of thread showing. But they snapped. The H&R clamps are really poorly made. I called Neuspeed and got new clamps and bushings from them. The design is ten times better. If you go to get the Neuspeed ones make sure you don't tell them you have an H&R bar. They will try to make you buy their bar and clamps etc. I told them I had a used Neuspeed and their clamps broke.

· Registered
2,091 Posts
Re: (Smoked02Jetta)

Quote, originally posted by Smoked02Jetta »
If you go to get the Neuspeed ones make sure you don't tell them you have an H&R bar. They will try to make you buy their bar and clamps etc. I told them I had a used Neuspeed and their clamps broke.

very

hehe

· Registered
2,292 Posts
Re: (bigmak)

Quote, originally posted by bigmak »
neuspeed won't sell them anymore. you need to show proof of purchase.

Ouch! Good thing mine broke quick then. It's too bad because I think the design of the H&R bar is better (more clearance) and the design of the Neuspeed clamps is much better (no weld spots).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.