VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is the ride compared to stock..will still be on stealies for a while, wifes ride..should i go with the eibachs?

· Registered
3,386 Posts
Re: H&R sports..how harsh is the ride (1.8turboB5)

Shocks effect the ride more than springs do. I had H&R OE Sports on my 01 GLX with Bilstein Sport shocks and the ride was stiff. Currently on the W8 I have H&R Sports with stock shocks. It's lower then the GLX was but the ride is softer....

· Registered
853 Posts
Re: H&R sports..how harsh is the ride (blakwag)

I currently have mine set up with stock shocks and the ride doesn't seem harsh at all. Definitely more road feel that with the stock springs, but I think that's a good thing. Sometimes I feel like its a bit harder than it could be, but riding in other friends (non-modded) cars tells me its all in my head... the roads suck in CA and thats all there is to it.
I've heard that Koni Adjustables are more forgiving than Bilsteins. Hopefully that'll be the case - I'm just dragging my feet on installing them.

· Registered
3,900 Posts
Re: H&R sports..how harsh is the ride (GoBigRed)

GoBigRed
Couldn't agree with you more.. I drive at least 31 miles each way to work (from Simi Valley to Santa Clarita) 3 freeways- 118, 405, 5... 118 sucks from Northridge going east to the 405 junction. The 405 is so-so, the 5 is okay all the way to SCV. Basically, road quality and the way it was designed is very poor, even w/ our GLX V6 stock-- which would normally glide like glass on "good roads" When i got my Eibachs Pros on my 99 1.8t- i at first, regretted getting sports suspension.. But after time, i realized that its the Roads that sucks. The 5 going through SFV, Burbank, Glendale is a smooth ride for the Eibachs. Angeles Crest hiway is a blast!!!!!
I have one question though- is Eibach's pro s springs considered "progressive" or not. What are good lowering springs out there that would be "progressive"- i think i would have to opt for progressive springs if i want lowering/sports springs for my next car if ever- especially for this poor socal freeways..
erick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.