VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the Cabriolet forum but only got one response, so I thought I 'd try here. Anyone running H&R Sports and Bilstein Sports on a Cabriolet?
I've read it may be too stiff for the Cabriolet frame and I may be better off going with Boge Pro's isntead of the Bilsteins. I'm concerned about the Boge reliability that's why I'd rather spend the money and go for the Bilsteins but not if my car is gonna fall apart. I already have a Europsort upper tie bar and the 4 point lower tie bar and 14" wheels with no plans to go to anything bigger than maybe 15".
Ian

·
Registered
11,806 Posts
Re: H&R Sports w/ Bilstein Sports on a Cabriolet (skowsa)

Def. dont think it should be that stiff. Im only running H&R O.E. Sports and am going to be using Koni Sport soon and I know I can make those stiffer then Bilsteins.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Re: H&R Sports w/ Bilstein Sports on a Cabriolet (skowsa)

I'm running that setup on my 84 Cab, and I should also mention that I have 15" wheels. The combination is firm, but definitely not too harsh for the car. Cowl shake is obvious, but I guess that would be true regardless. Make sure you change the strut bearings though, and spend a little extra for the factory ones, not cheapo aftermarket pieces. It's a great setup.

Bryan

·
Registered
570 Posts
Re: H&R Sports w/ Bilstein Sports on a Cabriolet (Bryan J)

I have the H&R race with Bilstein Sports, and its not that stiff. And besides it handles like its on rails, so whats a little stiffness. I wouldn't use Boge on anything that has a height drop. They tend to blow out really quick.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: H&R Sports w/ Bilstein Sports on a Cabriolet (81babbit16v)

I'll take it go-kart stiff, if the car can handle it, I don't want my car to feel like Apollo 13 coming back to earth, even if the wheels are firmly planted on the ground!
Ian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts