VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just informed last night that Dover Downs is next weekend, so the traffic is going to be beyond crazy with NASCAR fans... Just a heads up, unless you don't mind a 6 + hour ride going in and out of first gear... GET ON THE ROAD EARLY!

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Re: H20 UPDATE... READ THIS (Turbo_GLI)

Theres nothing going on friday so barely any traffic.. so the DJD/enfig cruise should b fine rolling through there at 8 or so... The traffic should b crazy though Sunday nite coming home since all the ******** will b pickin up and movin out .. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif see yall friday

Modified by vdubya302 at 7:52 PM 9-22-2004

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Re: (DirtMcGirt)

thanks for the heads up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I try
Im sitting in class freakin out cause all i wanna do is work on my car... and the whole fact that I need a golf hood cause my aerogear looks like shiiiittt is reallly gettin to me

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just on sunday but the traffic is always crazy, my advice, leave late late sunday night to go home or wait till monday... nothing but trailers and drunk nascar fans on the highway.. bad combo, it has taken over 6 hours to get home, and one time it took a little over 4 1/2 hours to get there due to dover downs traffic

·
Registered
I have a thing for Mazdas
7,242 Posts

There is a race on Saturday, but it's a Busch Series race and they don't usually draw quite as big of a crowd. In any case, the place holds 140,000 people so you can figure it out, traffic will probably suck.

Modified by 03kpa at 1:00 PM 9-22-2004

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DirtMcGirt »
just on sunday
NOPE Busch cars running saturday, luckily the trucks ain't runnin friday in dover, they are in Vegas.
BTW, any town that hosts a Nascar event is like spring break from thursday to sun night/mon morning. It's not the racing you have to worry about it's the whole event itself.
I am nascar fan, and I went to College in Daytona.... Dover will be busy from Thursday/Friday to the end of the weekend.

Modified by vDevilu at 1:03 PM 9-22-2004

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
baltimore haha, which is like a 5 hour drive anyway going to baltimore then taking the bay bridge... sucks alot worse then traffic .. You never know, it might not be so bad, but just from past experiences, it was pretty shi++y .... or drive to cape may and take the ferry over, which wouldn't be so bad

Modified by DirtMcGirt at 1:46 PM 9-22-2004

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.