Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow
- I didn't think it was possible in a Golf GLE!
I was on my way in to work along my usual route when I noticed a speeding vehicle towards me in the rear view - noticed a white Nissan it Zzzzooommmed right by me when only to meet, just up a head at the next set of lights.
Looked around to see what kinda nut would do such a thing and noticed a wanka was behind the wheel rev'ing and could tell he was eager for a challenge.
I rolled my eyes to the back of my head
and thought what the heck. I started planning my strategy thinking to myself, “just before the lights turn green”, (the traffic on the other side had the green arrow to make their right hand turn and knowing it would be soon that the lights would turn green for us) - "I'll take off quickly, then ease off when I approach the speed limit of 80Km. I wanted to see how the Nissan would go....
Well, what can I say - the cars on the other side with the right hand turning signal had started to slow to a stop. This is just about the time to hit the peddle, when just then the lights turned GREEN!!!! So I hit the peddle causing my front end to hop and steer slightly toward the left lane and found the Nissan was slightly a head on my right with his engine roaring (this is what I expected). Then to find - once my wheels had found their grip my car hurled me out in front by a nose. The adrenaline really kicked in and I can still remember thinking - "There is no holding back now"!.
Once I was in second, then third gear it was all over for him by at least a car length. Quickly glanced at the speedometer and couldn't believe it but was doing a fair bit (I’ll not tell you how much) - We continued up a slight hill and still I was pulling further away and by about the peak of the hill I noticed there were cars about 100 meters away stopped at a pedestrian crossing so I hit the brakes, as I would have ended up some ones rear. The Nissan did too only to lock the brakes up and had given out a smearing blue cloud of smoke and a loud screechy noise - he ended up half on the middle nature strip guiding his car to safety... Thankfully my brakes didn't lock up and ended up having plenty of time to steer to the left lane and come to a complete stop at the lights - only to start taking off again as they turned green...
I could only imagine the car’s drivers next to us thinking "what a pack of hooligans!"...
I turned left at the next intersection, as per my normal route to work - he turned right and I ended up at work in the company car park.

Must have been the cold weather or something but the Golf really took off and had not experienced this before – but nevertheless, felt good and at the same gave me a lot to think about if things had slightly gone wrong…
So once I got in at work, surfed the net to check out the Nissan I had just blown away (it looked a lot like a Nissan Skyline GTG2 1990 3.0L job)...

hehehe..

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
Re: ha - a Nissan Skyline today! (IML337)

I have beaten a 3.0 Skyline and a 2.0 Golf probably by about the same amount so I'd be tipping it wasn't turbo.

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I would have thought if it was turbo - would have eaten me alive - I was just re-checking the specs for the Nissan on redbook - their NA...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts

manual ones are good for about 16.1-16.5 down the 1/4... this is based on manual vl commodores which frequent EC (same motor)

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Re: ha - a Nissan Skyline today! (SK)

Quote, originally posted by SK »
"And then I woke up. It was all a dream"

hehe... it would be a dream in a 1.6..... j/k
i had a similar experience with a riced up loud R33 Skyline GTS (no "T" at the end, so it was N/A). We dragged from the lights, and up to 80km/h, I had more than half a car length on him....
was very happy indeed.....
the good ol 2L can pick up itself up and give some cars a good run for its money

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Re: ha - a Nissan Skyline today! (blkglf)

I have had a lot of similar experiences , but with motorbikes . Every car I race I blow him and I'm usually still in first gear . Can't wait to run a rexy or a skyline GTR one day . I did race one before it was a R33 2.5T . He beat me by 1 car length to 100k's . so I think with the extra 25 ponies I should get him now !

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
Re: ha - a Nissan Skyline today! (Bug_racer)

Nice story Jtsesos. Always nice to waste a skyline. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif I did a turbo jobbie, when I caught him napping in third. My sister yelled out to him. You just got wasted by a Golf!
Bug_racer, have you posted any pics of your beast?

Modified by mdt at 1:07 PM 5-10-2003

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.