VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (Adam from Oz)

I'm soooo glad I drive a Passat and not a "gay mans" Golf, Beetle or Bora (aka Jetta)!

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Modified by TUR-80 at 6:59 AM 1-9-2004

· Registered
6,186 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (act:GTI)

What I find odd is, I somehow recall s8n posting something about the Bora and gay people and you all bagged the crap out of him then.

· Registered
3,330 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (Sloth)

maybe because adam is man enuff to bag himself but Mr s8n is paying out on others...
honestly, i think you DO have a problem if you think what you drive determines your sexuality
and... that is why i tell everyone the golf is my wife's car

· Registered
1,049 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Sloth »
What I find odd is, I somehow recall s8n posting something about the Bora and gay people and you all bagged the crap out of him then.

I don't remember that one. Unfortunately VWvortex's search engine sucks and you can only search topic titles.

· Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote, originally posted by Sloth »
Why Rob - is Adam gay ?
Just kidding Adam (not that there is anything wrong with that)

My manbag is purely for practical reasons, OK.
I'll say it for the tenth time: if a car is not painted bright pink or has standard driver's side lipstick holder and mascara fluid level indicator it is a car for both sexes and any sexuality.
Just keep my throbber out of this.

Check out the Jeep Cherokee - it's in both the gay man AND lesbian categories....
Cheers, me dears, big hugs.
Adam

· Registered
5,273 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (TUR-80)

I reckon anyone who drives the new beetle is extreme gay! Especially with daisy hanging out of the flower holding thingo... (hey, not that there's anything wrong with it)

I always thought the Golf IV 1.6 and 2.0L are the choice for the shopperholics.
The GTI on the other hand has a bad reputation in most countries in Europe!

And the Passat is the classic old mans car...

· Registered
1,049 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (jtsetsos)

Quote, originally posted by jtsetsos »
And the Passat is the classic old mans car...

I'm starting to resemble that last remark. Dave and Wal have a head start on me...

· Registered
993 C2, MK4 GTI, MK7.5 R
8,216 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (jtsetsos)

Quote, originally posted by jtsetsos »

The GTI on the other hand has a bad reputation in most countries in Europe!

Care to elaborate on that one Jim?

And slightly back on topic, 2 or 3 of my female friends have asked if I'm gay. It has nothing to do with my car, just the fact I'm polite, single and haven't tried to jump them!

· Registered
5,273 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (YellowDieselGolf)

Quote, originally posted by YellowDieselGolf »

Care to elaborate on that one Jim?

Well is somewhat got a reputation of what we call a hoons car here... Fast and eager to play - heck even the young prince gave he's a belting in someones private property and ended up getting sprung by the owner

· Registered
132 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (TUR-80)

Quote, originally posted by TUR-80 »
I'm soooo glad I drive a Passat and not a "gay mans" Golf, Beetle or Bora (aka Jetta)!

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Modified by TUR-80 at 6:59 AM 1-9-2004

u forgot to exclude the Bora V64M. "gay men" dont know how to drive a 6spd manual! lol

· Registered
8,926 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? (FarQ)

I have to admit the New beetle is a bit of a girls car (except the turbo
)
But some people think my beetle is a girly car too but i dont care cos shes the best and maybe she is a girly car but i dont mind when girls talk to me about Shazza

BTW Jim im getting one of those Vases put in Shazza as the old school one were ultra cool but instead of putting a flower in there i might just put a long piece of basil in there so the car smells nice (got the idea from my dad always knicks basil leaves from Martin Place and leaves them in the Benz
)

· Registered
5,273 Posts
Re: Ha Ha - A Swipe At Our Masculinity? ( XXX 1.8T)

Quote, originally posted by XXX 1.8T »

BTW Jim im getting one of those Vases put in Shazza as the old school one were ultra cool but instead of putting a flower in there i might just put a long piece of basil in there so the car smells nice (got the idea from my dad always knicks basil leaves from Martin Place and leaves them in the Benz
)

I hear the Basil keep the flies away too

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.