VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great scheme which puts your life at risk. A company in quebec Canada, trusted to rebuild expended airbags was recently busted. Since 1998 they've been churning out faux airbags selling them as "rebuilt" when they're more like a bomb in your lap.
They refilled the bags with misc ingredients including talc powder and gunpowder that wasn't even measured out. Not that they'd probably do more than explode in your face anyway. People who've had this done are being asked to have their airbags replaced with new factory units.
Looks like the insurance industry will pick up the tab.... that is until the premiums come due next year.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Re: Had an airbag remanufactured in Quebec ? , its probably bogus (Lexi)

Not surprising. I had a car that was once auctioned in 2uebec, and the brakes kept failing. All the pieces. As pieces fell off it, I could see how they were hot-glued on. Then for kicks I checked carfax, and lo and behold it was once salvaged. The only province where they don't keep records of auto title, not surprising there's a market for phony airbags for salvage vehicles.

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: Had an airbag remanufactured in Quebec ? , its probably bogus (TDI ESEL)

My Lord, such incompetence. Surely they won't be able to get away with this for much longer?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Re: Had an airbag remanufactured in Quebec ? , its probably bogus (David Votoupal)

Hey, they're a distinct society. They can impose any backward policy they want. Next time, there might be some help pushing that bar at the bottom of the screen back to the right...

·
Registered
21,218 Posts
Re: Had an airbag remanufactured in Quebec ? , its probably bogus (TDI ESEL)

Nothing wrong with distinct society, but standards are standards, simple as that. Let's try and not make this a political discussion, will we?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts