VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far the shifts seem much more smooth and fluid, not so notchy as before.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif two thumbs up so far, not bad for $30.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Re: Had my transmission fluid replaced w/ Redline. (jaydub)

Is this something you can do yourself? I'm interested in doing it if it doesn't require a lot of tools, etc... I've never even done my own oil changes, though I'm interested in learning.
-ks

·
Registered
484 Posts
Re: Had my transmission fluid replaced w/ Redline. (ksanchez)

Great! Please elaborate. I have this freaking notchy feeling on second (still there after linkage adjustment) and I hate it
Where did you buy the redline and what brand it is? 75w90 ? As for how you did it (if you did it yourself) will be cool to share.

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Re: Had my transmission fluid replaced w/ Redline. (ksanchez)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is this something you can do yourself? I'm interested in doing it if it doesn't require a lot of tools, etc... I've never even done my own oil changes, though I'm interested in learning.
-ks[HR][/HR]​
This is a bit trickier than changing your oil, not much though...
17mm hex nut and a fluid pump of some sort are all you need....
jack the car out, remove 17mm plug on bottom of tranny, drain oil, replace plug, remove 17mm plug on FRONT of tranny then use the fluid pump to put the 2 quarts in until it overflows..... not too hard.
quote:[HR][/HR]not bad for $30[HR][/HR]​
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif tru dat

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Had my transmission fluid replaced w/ Redline. (Preppy)

haha yeah i'm more of a wh0re there, 24000+, here i'm barely over 4.

Anyhow, I had my mechanic take care of it while he was chaning my oil. He did use the 75W90, which seems to be the weapon of choice.
I also ordered my goddamn $12/piece spark plugs
. Bastiges!

[Modified by jaydub, 1:58 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

wanted to mention: so far the notchiness is gone and the shifts feel TOTALLY different. I know for a fact now that it would feel even better if I had a short shifter (anyone feeling generous, send me a free one and I'll test it.
)

·
Registered
3 Posts

I have a 99 Jetta Wolfsburg - Automatic Transmission - do you change that one the same way? What do you suggest for fluid?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Had my transmission fluid replaced w/ Redline. (GSKPharm)

honestly i have no idea.
you might check in the mk3 forum, cos I'm sure there's people there who've done this also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.