VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mixes a Mazda 6, Accord Coupe, GR35 with a great result.
At the moment this is the best concept of Beijing Auto Show.
The chinese manufacturer of Mazda.

Modified by Nautiliux_vag at 4:50 AM 11-28-2006

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (marzen)

First of all, Repost. Second of all, I'd hit it with gunmetal wheels and less Solara-like headlights.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (Mk2Fever)

Quote, originally posted by Mk2Fever »
First of all, Repost. Second of all, I'd hit it with gunmetal wheels and less Solara-like headlights.

Repost, but i made a find, but nothing.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (mynameisphunk)

Quote, originally posted by mynameisphunk »
lots of different things, none of them innovative.
very blah, IMO.

Not inovative, but is the first chinese's car pretty. But not orginal.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Man, so much hate for everything Chinese.
Personally, I applaud the car. The build quality seems decent. It isn't a direct copy of any car out there. The only styling cue that is really recognizable is the Mazda grille, and they have a licensing agreement with them. The headlights, which seemingly everybody thinks are horrible, actually match the design language of the car as a whole, and are interesting to look at if not 100% innovative (but honestly all headlights share technology with other headlights). Even the taillights, which I normally dislike that type, flow well with the rest of the car.
Yes, they took disparate design elements from other cars, but at least it doesn't look disproportionate or malformed. They integrated everything into a nicely styled car.
If this car had a Mazdaspeed badge and was built in Japan, I'd be willing to bet that Car Loungers would drool over it.

Modified by Rukh at 11:10 PM 11-27-2006

·
Banned
4,258 Posts
Re: (Rukh)

Quote, originally posted by Rukh »
Personally, I applaud the car. The build quality seems decent. It isn't a direct copy of any car out there. The only styling cue that is really recognizable is the Mazda grille, and they have a licensing agreement with them. The headlights, which seemingly everybody thinks are horrible, actually match the design language of the car as a whole, and are interesting to look at if not 100% innovative (but honestly all headlights share technology with other headlights). Even the taillights, which I normally dislike that type, flow well with the rest of the car.
Yes, they took disparate design elements from other cars, but at least it doesn't look disproportionate or malformed. They integrated everything into a nicely styled car.
If this car had a Mazdaspeed badge and was built in Japan, I'd be willing to bet that Car Loungers would drool over it.

Built quality seems decent? LOL. Puahahaha.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

why think when you can copy
why innovate when you can copy
why try to better yourself when you can copy
why move forward when you can copy
why develop your own trends when you can copy
why try to establish yourself as a real quality world player when you can copy

no one likes a copy cat.

and when I write copy ... i mean steal without regard for world patent laws or intellectual property and having no regard for safety standards or perceived quality.

Modified by sylens at 2:23 PM 11-28-2006

·
Registered
11,052 Posts
The design is completely derivative in so many ways. I see G6, Hyundai, G35c, Solara, any number of influences in the design.
At least they licensed the Mazda stuff, but couldn't that be slightly different? Sheesh.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Re: (marzen)

Quote, originally posted by marzen »
Built quality seems decent? LOL. Puahahaha.

OK, show me a picture that would indicate otherwise. Show me a picture of this car that demonstrates poor paint application, or irregular panel gaps, or something that would indicate shoddy craftsmanship.
This car isn't a copy of anything. It is influenced by other designs, but it isn't a copy - or maybe I am missing some photographic evidence of that as well. This car is as much a copy of anything else, as the Datsun 240Z and Toyota 2000GT were copies of the Jaguar E-Type, the Datsun 510 was a copy of the BMW 2002, the Dodge Viper was a copy of the Shelby Cobra, the Nissan 350Z was a copy of the Audi TT, etc.
Whatever. I know there is such a strong anti-Chinese bent in this forum, that they could produce a solid gold Pininfarina-styled sub-2000-pound V-12 powered roadster capable of 250 mph and 0-60 in less than a second, and it would automatically be bashed just because it was Chinese. I am not foolish enough to think that I can change anybody's mind - I just think somebody needs to call it out.

·
Registered
488 Posts

OK, show me a picture that would indicate otherwise. Show me a picture of this car that demonstrates poor paint application, or irregular panel gaps, or something that would indicate shoddy craftsmanship.
This car isn't a copy of anything. It is influenced by other designs, but it isn't a copy - or maybe I am missing some photographic evidence of that as well. This car is as much a copy of anything else, as the Datsun 240Z and Toyota 2000GT were copies of the Jaguar E-Type, the Datsun 510 was a copy of the BMW 2002, the Dodge Viper was a copy of the Shelby Cobra, the Nissan 350Z was a copy of the Audi TT, etc.
Whatever. I know there is such a strong anti-Chinese bent in this forum, that they could produce a solid gold Pininfarina-styled sub-2000-pound V-12 powered roadster capable of 250 mph and 0-60 in less than a second, and it would automatically be bashed just because it was Chinese. I am not foolish enough to think that I can change anybody's mind - I just think somebody needs to call it out.

Very well said. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback XT
2,733 Posts
Re: (sylens)

Quote, originally posted by sylens »
why think when you can copy
why innovate when you can copy
why try to better yourself when you can copy
why move forward when you can copy
why develop your own trends when you can copy
why try to establish yourself as a real quality world player when you can copy

no one likes a copy cat.

and when I write copy ... i mean steal without regard for world patent laws or intellectual property and having no regard for safety standards or perceived quality.
Modified by sylens at 2:23 PM 11-28-2006

copy? do your research before you speak, haima is a derivative of mazda in China. everything that looks like a mazda is licensed on there, including the lights.
you know, have one ever wondered if one day nothing would be new anymore? and that eventually, cars are going to look alike to each other?
o wait, that's already here

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (Nautiliux_vag)

Quote, originally posted by Nautiliux_vag »
Mixes a Mazda 6, Accord Coupe, GR35 with a great result.

I've got to say, this car looks good. It would actually fit in well as the "new" Hyundai Tiburon or even as a Mazda 3 Coupe (I really don't know the extent of the relationship btween them and Mazda).
Not sure what's with all of the complaining. Like this car has any less "soul" than the current Accord, Camry, G35, Sentra for sale.

·
Banned
4,258 Posts
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (Nautiliux_vag)

call me ****** brand snob! You won't see me riding in Chinese car as long as I AM ALIVE.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Re: HAIMA S1 Concept (marzen)

Quote, originally posted by marzen »
call me ****** brand snob! You won't see me riding in Chinese car as long as I AM ALIVE.

****** brand snob, alot of people used to say the same thing about Japanese cars.
Honestly, I don't see this as a thread about Chinese cars in general; I see it as a thread about one Chinese car in particular. The S1 is one of the most tastefully done designs to come out of China, and even though this one is only a concept it eclipses even other Chinese concept cars in terms of style and apparent build quality.
I agree that the Chinese for the most part have a long way to go before they meet Western ideals of build quality and styling, but the S1 is an exception. Would I buy one right now? Nope, I wouldn't. But I can appreciate the significance of the car.

Modified by Rukh at 11:13 PM 11-28-2006

1 - 20 of 24 Posts