VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2012 Golf 6R DSG with a rear diff whine problem. While looking for options to replace the diff, i found some fresh diffs (2016/2017) with Haldex 5gen from Tiguan. While comparing both diffs, there are some differences in the housings, but it still looks like it would fit just fine. The idea is to buy the whole Haldex 5gen diff and replace the clutch unit (the whole assembly - clutch, controller, pump) with mine (4gen, which is working perfectly fine).

The question is: is it possible? Will the cluch unit fit? Will the diff fit in Golf VI rear end? Will the old driveshafts fit? What about the gear ratio? Is it the same across all diffs (haldex 4, haldex 5, TSI, TDI)?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for double post, but this one is an answer to the question:

Unfortunately it looks like it's not possible. After some research I found the pics of both 4gen and 5gen clutches. I've made a comparison:

i.ibb.co/QffDLwN/haldex.png - copy the link - unfortunately I have less than 5 posts, so I cannot link or add photos.

It seems that 4gen's clutch pack sits deeper in the diff's housing. Nevertheless it would be great someone can confirm this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts