VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
121 - 140 of 217 Posts
Discussion starter · #122 ·
Do you have any idea if EU registered companies, that spot a valid VAT number, get invoiced VAT free?
Not sure if I understand you correctly. But all items sent out of EU (export) will not charge local tax. But you will and must pay tax for your country when diff is imported... [emoji4]

Sent fra min SM-N975F via Tapatalk

Not really. It is VAT reverse charge, a B2B specific way of invoicing goods and services within the EU economic space. Unless you have your own legal entity registered for VAT means you don't get across this thing.
However I'll write to Powerzone regarding this but till then I'm eager to get more reviews. Please share your thoughts and/or videos :laugh:

Do you have any idea if EU registered companies, that spot a valid VAT number, get invoiced VAT free?
Depends on the specific case. But B2B transactions within the EU space are generally invoiced including VAT.
But businesses get it refunded with their VAT return (as it´s end customer tax).

It seems that VW does not sell any of the differential internals, not even bearings or gaskets, haldex parts yes, but nothing for the differential. So if you have an issue with the diff you either buy a whole new or used one apparently. For the folks that did these modifications, is there a gasket for the casing? Checked with VW and they don't even sell that, are you just using RTV?
Oh and any torque specs for the bolts?

2015 S3 8v owner here

So i was just looking around the internet for potential awd mods for the s3, then i found this forum.
i got so damm excited to see a rear haldex LSD i even made an account just to reply and see how this is working out ( im stupid interested btw :laugh: )
love what im seeing!!

It seems that VW does not sell any of the differential internals, not even bearings or gaskets, haldex parts yes, but nothing for the differential. So if you have an issue with the diff you either buy a whole new or used one apparently. For the folks that did these modifications, is there a gasket for the casing? Checked with VW and they don't even sell that, are you just using RTV?
Oh and any torque specs for the bolts?
Yes, unfortunately there are no official spare parts for the rear diff. Powerzone has them in stock now, but I don't think they'll sell them separately. Theyre pretty hard to come by.

So i was just looking around the internet for potential awd mods for the s3, then i found this forum.
i got so damm excited to see a rear haldex LSD i even made an account just to reply and see how this is working out ( im stupid interested btw :laugh: )
love what im seeing!!
If I'm not mistaken, an S3 8V diff is in stock :D

Discussion starter · #133 ·
Guys. My diff is finally getting installed the 17th this month if the covid-19 doesn't strike!
Let's hope this is a good mod... [emoji4]

I don't really know how to drift, etc and have generally been taking it easy on the car. Where I've been staying to weather out the COVID situation there are a lot of dirt roads. With the nannies off, I can definitely get the tail to move around with the throttle, something I havent been able to do before.

Discussion starter · #135 ·
I don't really know how to drift, etc and have generally been taking it easy on the car. Where I've been staying to weather out the COVID situation there are a lot of dirt roads. With the nannies off, I can definitely get the tail to move around with the throttle, something I havent been able to do before.
[emoji106] So you are happy with the mods? Did you install LSD in the front too?

Discussion starter · #136 ·
Ok guys.
I finally made the install of the modified rear diff with the Wavetrac LSD [emoji16].

Need more testing to report back my impressions.
I also have LSD in the front [emoji41]

Discussion starter · #140 ·
No news from at this point. During the install of the new rear diff with LSD I found out that the front LCA had both broken down on the rear bushing! I have the SuperPro ally arms so need to replace this before I do any burnouts...

Will report back soon as possible...
Stay safe!

121 - 140 of 217 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.