VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's with that 2.5L Jetta and half of Lamborghini?
I don't understand...
Is that the same for 2.0L as well?

·
Registered
131 Posts
No, they say half lamborghini because the 2.5 has half of the cylinder head from the lamborghini gallardo...that's why it's a 5 cylider...any feel free to correct me if I am wrong..

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Re: (Mk5Jetta201)

Quote, originally posted by Mk5Jetta201 »
No, they say half lamborghini because the 2.5 has half of the cylinder head from the lamborghini gallardo...that's why it's a 5 cylider...any feel free to correct me if I am wrong..

No, you're right, the share a head design, that's it. And the "they" are dealer sales people, it's a marketing ploy, nothing more.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Re: (OGSN0)

Quote, originally posted by OGSN0 »

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2791207

Yeah, and... the TT engine happens to NOT be the same engine as the rabbit soo...
Maybe I should link to rumors... wait... even better... i'll link to the Audi S3 Press Release (a little fact is better then speculation action going on here) and claim my engine is the same! hazzah!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Re: (VWNDAHS)

Quote, originally posted by VWNDAHS »

Yeah, and... the TT engine happens to NOT be the same engine as the rabbit soo...
Maybe I should link to rumors... wait... even better... i'll link to the Audi S3 Press Release (a little fact is better then speculation action going on here) and claim my engine is the same! hazzah!

Yeah but people will say the same thing about both of them, its "halve of a lambo"

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Re: (IchBinDarren)

Quote, originally posted by IchBinDarren »

Yeah but people will say the same thing about both of them, its "halve of a lambo"

Oh Ooh I just thought of a new one. Since this half-of BS is basically a result of feeling less then someone with a supercar... those of us with the 2.0T will have 'half a R8' when Audi's new supercar comes out... only... it'll be like... true since the 2.0T puts out half the power from the factory... and um... has FSI... and... is an i4 which is... half a v8... w00t.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts