VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted before, i couldn't find it using search.

Is it possible to retrofit the Bi-Xenon headlamps onto a Halogen-equipped model?

I think i finally found the exact car i'm looking for. One has everything i want, but it's halogen, the other has bi-xenon but missing a couple things in the "want" list.

Would much prefer the first one, if the bi-xenon can be easily retrofitted.

Thanks for any and all input.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The xenon car has the black karthoums, which i'm not a fan of, and i'd rather not finance the cost of it if i'm just going to sell it afterwards. It's also a DSG and no Dynaudio.

The halogen car has everything, but no bi-xenons.

It's so hard finding the combi i want, i've been working with a couple dealers for a couple of months now. My only other option is a 2011 but the packages are a bit frustrating.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it can be done, right? Is it a simple matter of getting the new headlamps and reprogramming, or are there other parts that are needed?

The dealer won't swap or take off the wheels since it's on the Monroney.

· Registered
1,105 Posts

· Registered
1,105 Posts
So it can be done, right? Is it a simple matter of getting the new headlamps and reprogramming, or are there other parts that are needed?

The dealer won't swap or take off the wheels since it's on the Monroney.
The bi-xenons also have a headlight leveler on the rear suspension. Not positive if it can be bypassed for installation but its there. I've never done the swap personally but I heard its possible. Personally I don't think its worth the cost because its much cheaper to get a car with it already.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bi-xenons also have a headlight leveler on the rear suspension. Not positive if it can be bypassed for installation but its there. I've never done the swap personally but I heard its possible. Personally I don't think its worth the cost because its much cheaper to get a car with it already.
Ah, so there's more to it than just the lamps. Thanks for the information. I'll have to think this through more. Worst-case, i'll either go with the DSG/No Dynaudio and replace the stereo, or just skip the 2010's altogether.

Thank you.

· Registered
234 Posts
I was in the same boat as you and went with the halogens and plan on doing the bi-xenon conversion.

Can the person who said their is a sensor that is on the rear suspension, can you post where you found this information out? I have not read anything about this sensor. Anyways here are all the parts that you will need (provided by [email protected]):

5K1941753B/5K1941754B

· Registered
234 Posts
Where did you find the information about this sensor? I haven't heard about this and have done tons of research on this conversion and NO one has mentioned this sensor. Could you also post pics of said sensor for us to reference? And also a part number.

Thanks!

· Registered
4,487 Posts
Im piecing it together - ordered OEM xenon housings from ebay.de, ordered kufatec kit which has control module, wiring and auto leveling pieces for front and rear.

I still need balasts, and bulbs, im sure there is other stuff im going to need...

i would give it a try but my car wont arrive until september.

so far im up to $1100 - without balasts or bulbs, but i think im doing pretty good considering oem+ wants like 3k??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.