VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hamman rims on my vw (where can i get spacers)

i can get a really good deal on hamman rims, but as u knwo they're made for a bmw. they are 18x8.5. i knwo they have spacers for it. but dont know what website.
also have any of u ever done thsi or can give some advice/problems that might arise.
basically i'm asking for links where i cna buy the spacers, and adviceor possible problems with rims of this size (considerign the spacer will be there aswell) , considerign i might be lowering the car if that would have any affect.
vw standard 5x100 et 35
bmw standard et 38
spacers 2 cm
end product = 5 x100 et 18
my friend said that, if that helps. thanks a lot for your time and help.

Modified by RoninGTI at 2:50 AM 7-18-2003

· Registered
3,120 Posts
Re: Hamman rims on my vw (RoninGTI)

You can also have the Hamann's filled and redrilled to 5x100. It is an expensive option, but I have seen it done. My buddy had the same thing done on those exact wheels to make them fit his B5.5 Passat Wagon.

· Registered
3,120 Posts
Re: (RoninGTI)

Quote, originally posted by RoninGTI »
is he having any problems, and also how much does it cost.
and others please respond if oyu have the slightest info becasue i really need this

I'll ask him what it cost, but for now, lets just say it is a whole lot more than any set of adapters you find. When filling and redrilling, you just have to make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing.
I "think" he had Eric @ SPP take care of the filling and redrilling so maybe you could give him a ring and see what the cost is.

· Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks spacers seems a lot easier though, would you happen to know how much he paid for those rims?, i don't really mind any minor inconviences, i just care about damage or problems that might arise.

· Registered
3,504 Posts
Re: (RoninGTI)

ET18 is not so bad in the rear. I'm currently running 18x8.5 ET35 w/ 15mm spacers (ET20 total) and it's rubbing but not real bad. However in the front ET18 is going to be way too much, it will rub very bad. Plus you want to try and maintain difference in offset from front to rear. My fronts are ET27 and rear ET20.

· Registered
91 Posts
Re: (Imola Yellow GTi)

oettinger doesn't look too deep dish compared to this one,
i would get those if i can http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Quote, originally posted by Imola Yellow GTi »
but they kinda look like oettingers... why not oettingers, save yourself the hassle of an adapter

· Registered
228 Posts
Re: Hamman rims on my vw (Deception)

hey guess what. i remember reading an article in eurotuner about a product that adapts bmw offsets to vw offsets and vice versa. its in one of the issues a couple months ago. thats all the info i know. gluck

· Registered
5,630 Posts
Re: Hamman rims on my vw (lolwin)

Quote, originally posted by lolwin »
hey guess what. i remember reading an article in eurotuner about a product that adapts bmw offsets to vw offsets and vice versa. its in one of the issues a couple months ago. thats all the info i know. gluck

Funny you should ask.
For a while I researched putting BMW wheels on my GTI. My choice was Magnum MVR's which are a beutiful wheel.
Seems to get the job done right such as few have done you need a rim with an offset of 50-60. Being as the adapter with bring you back into the 35et we need for our cars.
And funny you should mention the article in Eurotuner. I called and left 5 messages, and plenty of emails to the company Eurotuner had listed as a source for the part. I never heard a word from them. Great service.
The adapters are made by FK if I remember correctly.
Last I heard the fill and drill process costs about $200 a wheel.
Best of luck,
Bryan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.