VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Congratulations! That red Tiguan looks great!!!

Have you compared the cargo/trunk depth of the Tiguan to the Passat yet? . . . We purchased a 2021 Tiguan several months ago as my wife's daily driver, and we are enjoying it. A few weeks ago, however, I had to pick up a storm door from a local big box store and was SHOCKED to discover that it was too long to fit inside Tiguan, even with front seats pushed all the way forward. But the door easily fit inside our 2016 Passat with front seats pushed 1 notch forward. As much as we are enjoying the Tiguan, I am still impressed by the "limousine-sized" interior of the Passat. . . Otherwise, we prefer the Tiguan in almost ever other feature.

Registered
It's approximately no more than 78" squeezing the driver a bit, I moved a Complete Hemnes IKEA book shelf in mine.

Registered
After owning and driving (2) Golfs, a Jetta and a Passat; I am now the happy owner of a Tiguan SE w/ moonroof. I recently came back from a trip in the mountain...I absolutely love this SUV 馃憤馃:love:
Glad you are so happy. My favorite Color for the Tiguan. Many happy years of driving!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Have you compared the cargo/trunk depth of the Tiguan to the Passat yet? . . . We purchased a 2021 Tiguan several months ago as my wife's daily driver, and we are enjoying it. A few weeks ago, however, I had to pick up a storm door from a local big box store and was SHOCKED to discover that it was too long to fit inside Tiguan, even with front seats pushed all the way forward. But the door easily fit inside our 2016 Passat with front seats pushed 1 notch forward. As much as we are enjoying the Tiguan, I am still impressed by the "limousine-sized" interior of the Passat. . . Otherwise, we prefer the Tiguan in almost ever other feature.
I recently took a week long family vacation. After packing my Tiguan trunk to the max

. My wife and I are convinced all that would not have fit in my Passat. I'm thinking about getting roof rack for carrying larger items (and more luggage...lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts