VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a photoshop master.

Harlequin this black and white. Starting with the bumper staying white.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: (badjoke)

Quote, originally posted by badjoke »

What's harlequin though?

The Harlequin edition VW Golfs had alternating color body panels. Every part was a different production color. Also there was a commercial for the relaunch of the Rabbit that started with one black and one white car, and they started multiplying- the new cars had mixed panels (including grey) a quick google image search will explain everything-
long story short- I think he wants the body panels to alternate black and white.
gotta love YouTube- Here is the Rabbit commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv0ZxF_DHic

Modified by p.r.walker at 5:24 AM 10/16/2007

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: (p.r.walker)

yea the new one has like silver and gray but once I saw that I didn't like it too much. BUT I did have a great thought of the car with black and white looking nice.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: I need a photoshop master. (Vrdady)

had a moment at lunch... IMHO only two colors looks strange, like you had to replace parts, but didn't have the money to paint it. I think that if you were to mix in silver and grey (like the rabbit) it might work better.
If you are diggin it, cool. Hope this helps.

one of these days, i'll figure out this image shack thing....
edited to fix links.

Modified by robbyb413 at 1:24 PM 10/16/2007

·
17,317 Posts

That rabbit commerical is awesome. I love when it comes on. I even have 2 versions of the song on my phatnoise <g>
But to set the record straight on harlequins, as the above post from p.r.walker is a bit vague and misleading for my tastes... they made golfs in 4 colors and then swapped the panels around. Some didn't get swapped at all for some reason, resulting in single color cars in the harlequin vin range (check the Harlequin registry if you don't believe me...).
FYI, to the OP... The base color (Starting point) is seen on the roof/rear quarter/rocker, and the bumper would not be the same color as the base color, so if you want a white bumper you wouldn't have a harlequin.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (robbyb413)

It would be cool to explore this futher, but starting with the logical bases of Red (Lazer), Yellow (Brilliant), Green (Tropic) and Blue (Santorin is closest, or Pelican)... it would be very true to the original that way.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote, originally posted by robbyb413 »
It would be cool to explore this futher, but starting with the logical bases of Red (Lazer), Yellow (Brilliant), Green (Tropic) and Blue (Santorin is closest, or Pelican)... it would be very true to the original that way.

Ack no way would I do the colors.

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (Vrdady)

Harlequins are Tornado, Winflower, Pistachio, and Chagall. The colors I listed are pretty much the closes to those colors. I may have named the wrong audi green off the top of my head, but otherwise what else would you suggest to duplicate the above VW colors??

·
17,317 Posts

Quote, originally posted by p.r.walker »
Also there was a commercial for the relaunch of the Rabbit that started with one black and one white car, and they started multiplying- the new cars had mixed panels (including grey) a quick google image search will explain everything-

For the lazy, FYI..

***Edited title and added to FAQ under "Exterior", for posterity.***

Modified by robbyb413 at 2:54 PM 10/16/2007

·
Registered
368 Posts

not sure how these look on your screen, I was trying for Imola Yellow, Nagaro Blue, Laser Red, etc... as many Audi paint colors from the best of my memory
this could be fun... especially with a 400+hp BT 1.8 under the hood.

Modified by robbyb413 at 5:24 PM 10/16/2007

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

I like Walker's version more then the black and white one. as stated above the black and white one looks like it has been in an accident

cool idea though

·
17,317 Posts
Re: (AEB A4)

Quote, originally posted by AEB A4 »
color match the wheels!!!!

Thought I'd throw Mike's clown car in here for inspiration!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts