VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the logo on it looks like Sparco..

Are you not interested in getting a autopower cage with a harness bar? The price is pretty reasonable for them and by far the safest way to do it

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4656282-MK4-Harness-Bars
looks like there is a sparco bar that can be modified to fit our cars.
Looks like I might have to end up going with a roll cage.

HPA makes a bolt in cage for the MK4. The harness bar is removable for rear passengers if desired.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/product_rollbar.html
Might take that route and go with the HPA roll cage.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The only thing I didn't like about my Autopower bar is that the main hoop feet terminate at body plugs in the floor so I ended up welding it into the car with reinforcement plates.

·
997.2 911 C2, MK4 R32, S124 E320, W124 300E
12,919 Posts
I believe TyrolSport offers a harness bar for MK4s :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
This is the OEM TT quattro Sport version:

:)

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Unlikely. :)

In the TT it mounts to the point where the rear seat catches would be.

More for information - the bar seems to be set back further than some of the fabricated ones - dont know if that matters at all.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Unlikely. :)

In the TT it mounts to the point where the rear seat catches would be.

More for information - the bar seems to be set back further than some of the fabricated ones - dont know if that matters at all.
awh damn, it looks nice tho. Looks like I might end up going with a roll cage.

·
Registered
19,149 Posts
you want them close to the seats and as close to even with the harness holes as possible....

when people mount them down low (think rear seat belt mount points) they are asking for broken collar bones if said harnesses ever need to be used.

i would not do anything other than 3" wide harnesses as well

get a proper harness bar or get a cage

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you want them close to the seats and as close to even with the harness holes as possible....

when people mount them down low (think rear seat belt mount points) they are asking for broken collar bones if said harnesses ever need to be used.

i would not do anything other than 3" wide harnesses as well

get a proper harness bar or get a cage
Yeah, unfortunately that's how I have them and I know that's trouble. So I might end up with a autopower cage.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
take it to someone and have a cage made; the autopowers sit so far from the head liner....you'll be happy you did
Good stuff man, time to see anyone around NJ that can do a nice solid cage. Nothing crazy.

·
Registered
19,149 Posts
Good stuff man, time to see anyone around NJ that can do a nice solid cage. Nothing crazy.
Check out Ed at FFE (Forced Fed Engineering) (@ffeparts on IG) or ffeparts.com

i think he is up there somewhere and i have seen a few of his cages, they look really nice :thumbup::beer:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.