VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of waiting, it's finally here. My Hartmann Motorsport "Big-Sound" 70mm exhaust and bi-kat manifold (dual catalytic convertor header).
I can't wait to get it installed...

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (VAGtuning)

Is it a BMW part or do they make for VW?

Sean

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (EuroStyle)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is it a BMW part or do they make for VW?
[HR][/HR]​
You're thinking of Hamann Motorsport, this is Hartmann...a VW/Audi/SEAT tuner. I'll post pics of the tip later when I unwrap it (and the camera battery recharges). It's sort of a long oval / rectangle.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (Euro Flavour)

quote:[HR][/HR]looks really good but whats the purpose of dual cat...just curious[HR][/HR]​
For me...."cool-factor". I really don't know the benefit. Maybe someone else might know.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (cottageboy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ahhhh...the letterbox...yummm is it turned up DTM style? or just straight[HR][/HR]​
I wanted the turned up DTM one, but this is what was available.
No VR6 here, but initially will be running a Z-charger to tied me over until I can ultimately do my 1.8T swap.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (vr6_boyee)

quote:[HR][/HR]Damn Hartmann stuff is really expensive isn't it..??[HR][/HR]​
Ulp...yes it was. Probably double what most systems cost. Especially plus shipping from Germany. But I always wanted this system...so I went for it. But I've never worried about bang-for-the-buck.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (DomozitoLK)

quote:[HR][/HR]Damn Hartmann stuff is really expensive isn't it..??
Ulp...yes it was. Probably double what most systems cost. Especially plus shipping from Germany. But I always wanted this system...so I went for it. But I've never worried about bang-for-the-buck.
[HR][/HR]​
Have a website for Hartmann?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (jok3sta)

quote:[HR][/HR]do they have a english site[HR][/HR]​
Not that I am aware of. You can always use the Alta Vista Translator for individual pages...
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (Euro Flavour)

quote:[HR][/HR]looks really good but whats the purpose of dual cat...just curious[HR][/HR]​
Reduced emissions, at the same time getting less backpressure. Two small cats will get nice and hot, may make some turbo cars pass with ease

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Re: Hartmann Motorsport exhaust has arrived... :D (gin8122)

Wow, congratulations! A former colleague of mine from Germany introduced me to Hartmann's products years ago, and your bi-cat system is what made them legendary in Germany as a top tuner. That is a beautiful system, and very pricey. Hartmann Motorsport is a smaller, more specialized tuner, and as such, can offer better performance products for a few makes rather than decent products for every make/model.
They actually have a unique approach to VR6 tuning, with emphasis on torque rather than absolute horsepower. Per my source, he drove their 2.9L Corrado, and it pulled from lslow rolling speeds effortlessly in 3rd gear! Their techniques, besides their beautifully crafted exhausts, are careful chip tuning with a custom intake manifold setup, but with stock cams. It's a very different approach than the top-end tuned cars we see so often. Anyway, enough rambling - let us know how you like it once installed. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.