VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so our cars suffer from ridiculous amounts of understeer and it's starting too annoy me in autocross. So has anybody evar used this type of setup in the rear? How was it? TIA

Edit: grammar

Modified by SSjetta at 6:18 PM 3-26-2006

·
Registered
352 Posts
Re: Has anybody ever done this? (SSjetta)

Ive been reading about sways as of late and from what I understand there is a way to go too stiff. I think that might be one of those ways. Somthing about TOO much diagonal weight transfer. Not really that sure though.
Brian

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Re: Has anybody ever done this? (Uncalm)

Quote, originally posted by Uncalm »
Hello throttle lift oversteer. Seems as though it would be fun getting used to the car with that setup.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
Re: Has anybody ever done this? (autocross16vrocco)

Quote, originally posted by autocross16vrocco »
i would just run one of those and disconnect the front sway and try that out.. that is what a lot of mk1/mk2 autocrossers do.. gets a bit wierd at higher speeds tho

what do u mean gets a bit wierd at high speeds? does it pull to one side or what?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Re: Has anybody ever done this? (vdubstreets)

Keep the entire cassis connected with front/rear sway and upper strut tie bars. focus more on what kind of tire you run, feather the peddle. once we went to Khumo v710's on the rado it completely toned down the understeer problems. we are also running a diff, which also helps. Tires are very imprtant.

·
Registered
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Has anybody ever done this? (CanaryRadoG60)

Quote, originally posted by CanaryRadoG60 »
focus more on what kind of tire you run, feather the peddle. once we went to Khumo v710's on the rado it completely toned down the understeer problems. we are also running a diff, which also helps. Tires are very imprtant.

Those are slicks, I'm not quite ready for those yet.... so my Yokohama AVS ES 100's will have to do for now. I undestand that tires are very important, but it's still pretty tricky to get the tail to kick out with the stock setup and coilovers.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
sounds like you need to take sweepers slow enough that you don't understeer or get better tires. Both worked for me.
People in stock classes have to survive somehow...

Modified by wvwjetta at 4:02 PM 3-26-2006

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.