VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I've looked at AFacture's kit, but it specifically states that it isn't a perfect match.
I'd be naive to expect perfect, but to me this doesn't really even look that close:

So, not to knock AFacture or anything, but has anybody had luck with any other alternative methods of lighting these aftermarket gauges? What (specifically) types of bulbs do they use? FWIW, I'm looking at Autometer gauges.
Thanks.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Re: Has anybody found a *good* way of matching VW lighting in aftermarket gauges? (VWguy)

The setup I have been experimenting with matches the shade of blue perfect but is a bit dim in my vdo gauges. I am using direct leb replacements from autodynamic. They are blue and extremely bright outside of the guage, but are a bit dim in comparison to the stock gauges.
Nonetheless, I am very satisified with the blue light they give off and reccomend them for a cheap alternative to autofacture. (no offense)
They are available at http://www.autodynamic.com for 10$/pair. I have 3 gauges, so i had to buy 4 and have 1 left over. its worth a few dollars

I hope this helps

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Has anybody found a *good* way of matching VW lighting in aftermarket gauges? (2kjettaguy)

You mean these ones?

Those are actually the ones I was looking at! But I was unsure as to whether or not they'd fit in the gauges. Is there two types of these bulbs, or just one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
Re: Has anybody found a *good* way of matching VW lighting in aftermarket gauges? (VWguy)

just 1, they fit perfect and are very high quality. Alot of people on here call them rice cause they are sold by a honda company. for 20$ and a spare instead of 80$ you can rice my ass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts