VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was curious to see if anyone has installed the fk badgeless grill thats is being sold through emotion gargae..this grill is a carbon fiber grill...curious to see if anyone has purchased one...thanks....

here is a pic of the grill...

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: has anybody installed this? (vdubinn)

Send am IM to TDF, I think he's been waiting for this to come out.

In all seriousness, I hope he or any of the other numerous CF opponents won't see this thread at all so that for once we will have a civilized thread on here.

I think it's decent looking. From a distance one would think it is painted in a dark-gunmetal type color. It's not something I'd put on mine, though, because I'd rather save the money and paint the stock grille. It'll match my headlights better that way anyway.

· Registered
31,336 Posts
Re: has anybody installed this? (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
Send am IM to TDF, I think he's been waiting for this to come out.

In all seriousness, I hope he or any of the other numerous CF opponents won't see this thread at all so that for once we will have a civilized thread on here.

I think it's decent looking. From a distance one would think it is painted in a dark-gunmetal type color. It's not something I'd put on mine, though, because I'd rather save the money and paint the stock grille. It'll match my headlights better that way anyway.

whoops, i saw the thread...

· Registered
2018 Atlas V6 R-Line; 2019 330ix M-Sport
39,881 Posts
Re: (BigSkizzy.)

Quote, originally posted by BigSkizzy. »
i think it might be a lil too much cf in combo with a cf hood but thats just me

now that you mention it... you're completely right. i'm not sure what i was thinking on that one. i really don't know what application the CF grill would go well with. it seems it would be out of place on anything but a black car? i think i've thoroughly confused myself

· Registered
3,114 Posts

ya um on a black car... i'm thinking no... people will just be thinking.... why is his grill paint messed up? I'm thinkin that would work on pretty much any other color car... just not black... but as far as install... it shouldn't be anything different than yoru stock grill... good luck if you get it... and be sure they include a hood notch, and btw they also sell tons of these on ebay for proll ya lot less than emotiongarage

· Banned
251 Posts

The grill is pretty cool, but from the looks of it, that is not CF. The weave is too perfect and uniform. It is just a look-a-like CF piece. If one were to actually make that in CF it would be a nightmare. There would have to be 4-5 separate molds, each mold running approximately $700-1000 a piece (probably less because of the size), and then if you could find a layman to be able to lay it in there around all of those bends that perfectly in such a small space...I would be very impressed.

· Registered
77 Posts

i have the same grille, but black, not carbon fiber. i'm happy with it. construction feels cheap though, and i broke one of the clips while installing it. overall it looks good and it's damn cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.