VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my 15k service coming up, and i thought about bringing it up, but i don't want to shoot myself in the foot and have my records tagged as a car beater...
anyone try it yet?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Re: Has anyone approached a dealership about the wheel hop? (spaceman_spiff)

Unless I was in really good with the dealer I wouldn't say anything.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts

what would you like them to do, turn down the torque on the car?
Maybe install a stock LSD...its hard to talk to a dealer about that sort of stuff, because under "normal" driving conditions, wheel hop shouldn't be occuring. Just an observation ya know?
-Tim

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Has anyone approached a dealership about the wheel hop? (Dubbin1.8)

i've had hop just by taking off in wet conditions, not just when i'm beating on my car.
i guess i expect them to have a solution...lol. different engine mounts, etc. hell, for all we know, they have a fix, but nobody is complaining (i doubt it, though)
just a thought

·
Registered
8,087 Posts

sorry but dealers can't do anything about it. Try talking to VWOA if you want something done. Under wet conditions you should be lighter on the throttle. Really it's a matter of throttle control. The dealer will not "fix" it as it's not a problem. It would be like a Mustang owner complaining cause he doesn't have positraction and when he spins his tires he pulls to one side.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Has anyone approached a dealership about the wheel hop? (Bug_Power)

i just thought maybe since people were putting in different mounts and saying it fixed the problem, that it was possibly something that.......ferget it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts